• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GANTZ anime ends.. and then what?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyper7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:20 am Reply with quote
Just a quick question, does anybody know if there is gonna be a Gantz special or movie or sth to better finish the series because the ending of the TV anime really sucked, I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10 it was an 11. Sheesh!
(P.S. now I DO know that those kind of endings happen on several anime just as I know my saying that this was by far the worst ending I ever saw will simply cause someone to tell me of an ever worse anime ending or direct me to a thread that is dedicated to bad anime endings or sth, still this is not part of my question)
Oh, by the way, is the manga still on going?
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:29 am Reply with quote
yeah the manga's still going, it's up to like volume 14 now.
freshkazuki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
What happened at the end that made it so bad? I bought the first two volumes and felt like it was going nowhere. I just gave up on it. ADV seemed to be trying to hype it like it was going to be the next big thing but I don't think it did too well.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote
The story continue in the manga. If you want more of GANTz, read the manga.

freshkazuki wrote:
What happened at the end that made it so bad? I bought the first two volumes and felt like it was going nowhere. I just gave up on it. ADV seemed to be trying to hype it like it was going to be the next big thing but I don't think it did too well.

Obivously you weren't aware of what GANTZ is about before you brought it. It's about the game of Death, are you expecting for be something else? It can be though-provoking at times, violence at other times. The best part about it GANTz is that it show real human emotion of the character and the situation they're in.
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

You sure you want to know?

spoiler[During the third mission, everyone besides the main character dies (including Katou and Kishimoto). Kurono (the main character) is extremely depressed. Gantz calls him back for one more mission...and it turns out that the target for the mission is Kurono himself. Eventually, every new person Gantz brought in dies. Kurono is transported back to the train station, where he runs from the train. He turns around, makes a gun with his fingers, and says "BANG" (Yes, just like Spike, albeit louder). Then we see Gantz's room, only Gantz has disappeared. The train station is empty. That's it.]

The ending could have been better. Watch the rest of the show, though, it gets better. The manga is better than the anime, however.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keyper7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Em, what do you mean by, watch the rest of the show, it gets better. After that the show ends... If you meant the rest of the show is good then yes, it is pretty good, actually it is remarkably loyal to the manga which by the way IS A HELL OF A LOT BETTER and naturally continues (the part where he described the mission AFTER the Buddha incident naturally didn't happen in the manga but up to that point it was pretty much the same as the manga). In my opinion, even the ending they thought up could have turned pretty good IF only they had used that basic idea somewhat better, however, the way it turned out it only gave me that "WHAT THE F**K!!!" feeling that I first had when I watched the End of Evangelion... I guess you know what this felt like...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1