• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help me understand Boogiepop Phantom (SPOILERS)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellfire104

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:15 am Reply with quote
I just wanted the entire series and I must say that I have a hard time piecing all the ends together. I know this is a cryptic anime but this is probably the hardest one yet.

If anybody could give me a breif plot synopsis or a description of the main symbols and themes that would be awesome.

Thanks.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:02 am Reply with quote
Use the forum search feature listed under 'Forum Functions' on the right, then you'll find things like this
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Bassically there this a freaky magical lady named Boogiepop who works for a secret organization who saves as much people as she can from evil ghost demons who want to wreak havoc upon the world. They do this by possesing a persons body that is EXTREMELY depressed and eat other human souls. The possesed body is usualy emotionaly dpressed because they want to die because of a loss, a boyfriend betraying, a mother in prostitution, ect.

It's about as much I get from it because the shows are not shown in order. It jumps from one place to another. You could go to this website.
http://www.animadmirers.com/bppages/bpmain.html
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:49 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
Bassically there this a freaky magical lady named Boogiepop who works for a secret organization who saves as much people as she can from evil ghost demons who want to wreak havoc upon the world. They do this by possesing a persons body that is EXTREMELY depressed and eat other human souls. The possesed body is usualy emotionaly dpressed because they want to die because of a loss, a boyfriend betraying, a mother in prostitution, ect.

I think you need to go back and try again. This is way, way, WAY off.

For the record, I've always found The Illusion of Memory to be a great source for answering questions regarding the series. Might wanna give this a go if you have questions, as well as consulting the thread angel_lover linked to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:

It's about as much I get from it because the shows are not shown in order. It jumps from one place to another. You could go to this website.
http://www.animadmirers.com/bppages/bpmain.html

One of the first things to note for clarity is that Boogiepop, and Boogiepop Phantom are different entities. I think you are also getting Manticore mixed up with Phantom here. The three are very different beings. Echo's beam of light is a good timeframe to place the episodes in order. The audio commentary helped me (They explain things like who is Spooky Electric and Echos) understand the plot, as well as re-watching the series. The next best thing to reading the novels would be to watch the live-action movie which covers story that leads up to the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1