• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
satoshi from marmalade boy [spoilers!]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shako

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quote
i have to say after watching marmalade boy which is an anime with one of the happiest endings ever but there was one thing that bothered my and that was that everyone in the show had someone else they ended up with they even hinted relationships with micheal and aun and kei and suzu but poor satoshi ended up all alone. It was bad enough that he didn't end up with meiko after all he did for her i mean i think it would of been alot better if they ended up together it would have been much more interesting if it showed how she could fall in love with someone else nothing plus there was history between that one teacher and him and it would of worked out great that way. Also in my opinion he was the best side character in the show he should of at least ended up with the other teacher out of irony. its just i still feel sad for poor satoshi.

[Topic title changed to reflect content. -Nagi]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:10 am Reply with quote
Firstly, use some spoiler tags. You just ruined a good bit of Marmalade Boy for me, thanks. Confused

Secondly, please use better grammar & punctuation. Your run-on sentences are nearly indecipherable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
milcor1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:17 am Reply with quote
Aaah the joys of participating on an anime forum.
shako

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:58 am Reply with quote
oops im really sorry I should have been more careful I guess thats all I can say again im really sorry.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:31 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I liked the ending too, but it did kind of put a damper on things that Satoshi, one of my favorite characters, spoiler[ended up alone] (guess its late for spoiler tags, though....). I personally thought a relationship between he and Meiko would've been more cute, and it might have helped Meiko learn to open up to people again afer her breakup with that teacher. I'm always up for an opposites-attract kind of pairing. Wink
shako

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:22 am Reply with quote
Ya thats exactly how I felt. Till the last episode I was hoping it would happen.
mahoro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Hey, it's a far more realistic than everyone getting happily paired up at the end of the series. Personally, I am glad they did NOT show everyone getting coupled at the end. What the heck, is this the love boat? Even without doing so, the ending was a happy one and despite the ditziness of SO MANY of the characters, the series was enjoyable.

Last note, IMO Meiko was a fool. She should've finished school FIRST then become engaged. As talented as she was,she was a rookie and quite possibly a one shot wonder. Reality is harsh and she just wasn't thinking about her future.
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Wait, should we still use it? I mean, the thread title has the words SPOILERS now... anyway:

spoiler[Dammit, I was a huge SATOSHI fan too!

I was really routing for him and MEIKO... but he got owned! Mad

but then in that episode where he kicked some ass, you just can't help but accept the outcome I guess since MEIKO could never forget NAMURA...

that episode was awesome by the way

as for pairing... umm... just about everyone else ended up with one Razz

]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1