• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
bye, Duel Masters. TF: Cybertron bumps it off in July

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emory

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Seems, Duel Masters' crappy half-budget 2nd season wasn't nearly as successful as its first season. DM will still be on the air, but not on Toonami anymore. Here's the new schedule in July -

7.0 pm Transformers: Cybertron
7.5 pm Rave Master
8.0 pm Teen Titans
8.5 pm The Batman
9.0 pm Justice League Unlimited
9.5 pm Zatch Bell!
10.0 pm One Piece
10.5 pm One Piece

This info is from Animation Insider.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I want to see the end of YuYu Hakusho though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
biliano

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Now I have a reason to watch CN at 7:00 PM again. Cool

Thanks for the info! Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:47 am Reply with quote
Great, can't wait to see how much more Hasbro has ruined Cybertron over Galaxy Force... Wink Uhg, I'm really glad I'm watching the GF fansubs. Sorry Hasbro, I'll buy your toys, but you'll never make me believe that the egomaniacal speed demon Nitro Convoy is actually a fembot named Override. Anime hyper

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:44 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Seems, Duel Masters' crappy half-budget 2nd season wasn't nearly as successful as its first season. DM will still be on the air, but not on Toonami anymore. Here's the new schedule in July -

7.0 pm Transformers: Cybertron
7.5 pm Rave Master
8.0 pm Teen Titans
8.5 pm The Batman
9.0 pm Justice League Unlimited
9.5 pm Zatch Bell!
10.0 pm One Piece
10.5 pm One Piece

This info is from Animation Insider.

And to add onto that for Adult Swim:
11.0 pm Inuyasha
11.5 pm Samurai Champloo
12.0 am Paranoia Agent
12.5 am S-CRY-ed
01.0 am Fooly Cooly
01.5 am Trigun
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:04 am Reply with quote
Wait a tic, how could a second season possibly be crappier and lower budget than the first season of Duel Monste- I mean Masters?
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Wait a tic, how could a second season possibly be crappier and lower budget than the first season of Duel Monste- I mean Masters?

The first season was ment to be a straight forward toon about the card game, but after nobody picked it up in Japan Hasbro decided to pump even more money into it and made it into the crazy series that was actually shown in the US. Turned out to actually become somewhat successful so Hasbro decided to run with a second season. Problem is they didn't want to pump a lot of money into the series so they started from scratch. The jokes were force fed, they went with a cheaper dubbing studio (and different voices), and didn't involve Plastic Cows, the company that made the first season what it was.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Beats me. When I saw the preview last March, I found myself wondering how big of a factor art was to make an anime. Apparently, not much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1