• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Petite Princess Yucie.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shichimi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote
I've recently started reading up on and playing Princess Maker games, and noticed that various fansites mentioned this anime in passing. Apparently this show is loosely based on Gainax's games, with Cube the butler making an appearance. Has anyone seen this anime, and do they recommend it?

As far as the Princess Maker games go, I think they're pretty interesting. I've only played PM2 (Saturn), and Legend of Another World (SNES) but I think anyone that enjoys stat-grinding will like them. There's a lot of strange endings in there to unlock as well; if your kid ends up marrying Satan, you've kind of failed as a parent. Confused

There is a little bit of questionable content in there, unfortunately, with some of the choices of clothing being wildly inappropriate. But that's avoidable if you just don't buy or equip it.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I have this anime and it's cute. Nothing objectionable as I remember. There are character spoiler["deaths" but they do return.]

I'm not really understanding what you are looking for though. Are you wondering if it's something for your child to watch? Or something for you to watch? Are you looking for something "clean" or for something slighty hentai?
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I have this anime and it's cute. Nothing objectionable as I remember. There are character spoiler["deaths" but they do return.]

I have this as well and recall it being cute, nothing that I can recall that I wouldn't have let my children see and checking the rating on it, it's pg...
naninanino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:39 am Reply with quote
Is this show more like a)Princess Tutu or b)Snow Fairy Sugar. I would like to see some "good will" shows, but is it reasonable to expect a good storyline out of this show.

Also, this show doesn't seem to be something that you have easy access to.

Last edited by naninanino on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Shichimi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:39 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I'm not really understanding what you are looking for though. Are you wondering if it's something for your child to watch? Or something for you to watch? Are you looking for something "clean" or for something slighty hentai?

No, I was just wondering what people thought of it. Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out. Smile
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:48 am Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:
Is this show more like a)Princess Tutu or b)Snow Fairy Sugar. I would like to see some "good will" shows, but is it reasonable to expect a good storyline out of this show.

Also, this show doesn't seem to be something that you have easy access to.

I have never seen Snow Fairy so I can't tell you but it is not as dark as Tutu although there are some dark moments in it.

As for getting the series The Right Stuf has it available.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1