• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Voice Actor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quote
How about that? Steve Blum (Spike Spiegel) is going to be in the cast. (Dunno who...)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I find that hard to believe considering that I've only seen ShoPro/Viz work with The Ocean Group for a majority of their titles, unless Mr. Blum has all of a sudden made himself available for other work (outside of his usual Bang Zoom! or ZRO Limit groups).

And besides, he's only listed for "Script Adaptation." It doesn't necessarily mean he'll do any voice work in the show itself. I can't even think of any characters his voice would be suited for either, at least none of the main ones.

Kakashi might work, but everytime I picture him with Blum's voice, it sounds weird. I really hope they use the guy that played Mwu La Flagga in Gundam SEED for him instead. Maybe Blum could be Zabza...
UberTai

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I think Steve Blum being Asuma would be a good fit for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I find that hard to believe

Apparently he stated it during a panel at ACEN. This was posted by someone in attendance in the Slayers news topic:

Nebs wrote:
Steve Blum announced he was cast in Naruto (he didn't know what role), so that confirms that it wont have an Ocean Group dub cast. Mr. Blum announced this right after Vic Mignogna wimpered to the croud (upon being asked what anime he wanted to do): "I want to be in Naruto."

I'd actually like to hear him as one of the Sound nin (Kidoumaru of the Four Sounds (or maybe him and David Lucas can play Sakon and Ukon Wink ) or genin Zaku). I guess he just doesn't have a voice that fits enough characters in Naruto.

UberTai wrote:
think Steve Blum being Asuma would be a good fit for him.

Nah, Asuma should have either a grizzled deep voice, like Beau Billingslea or a more "heroic" deep voice like Jamieson K Price, not a energetic voice like Blum's.

Emerje
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:49 am Reply with quote
I want to hear Brindie Skiddle/Ian Hawk as Naruto.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:39 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
I want to hear Brindie Skiddle/Ian Hawk as Naruto.

Errrrr, no. Brianne Siddall does a very young boy's voice, way too young to be Naruto and far to whiny to take on Naruto's growling shouts. She'd probably do a good Konohamaru or even young Sasuke, but not Naruto.

Emerje
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:57 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

I'd actually like to hear him as one of the Sound nin (Kidoumaru of the Four Sounds (or maybe him and David Lucas can play Sakon and Ukon Wink ) or genin Zaku).

Or maybe they could use Daniel Andrews and Andrew Watton instead. Wink
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
How about that? Steve Blum (Spike Spiegel) is going to be in the cast. (Dunno who...)

it's gotta be Kakashi. i don't know why, but i've just always pictured him in this role.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote
Debi Derryberry as Naruto! Surprised

*runs*
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
it's gotta be Kakashi. i don't know why, but i've just always pictured him in this role.

I'd have to agree. He's really the only person I can think for this role. IMO, Kakashi needs that cool confidence that's allways been displayed in his roles like Shishio (band-aid from Kenshin), Roger the Negotiator (from Big O) and Spike the Bounty Hunter (from Cowboy Bebop).
The only other character I can think of would be Itachi, but he'd probably need a younger voice.
OTP

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I find that hard to believe considering that I've only seen ShoPro/Viz work with The Ocean Group for a majority of their titles, unless Mr. Blum has all of a sudden made himself available for other work (outside of his usual Bang Zoom! or ZRO Limit groups).

So does that mean that they didn't work with Ocean Group on the Zatch Bell dub (since he's in that)?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
OTP wrote:
So does that mean that they didn't work with Ocean Group on the Zatch Bell dub (since he's in that)?

Hm.. interesting. I never knew that (since I've never seen the show). I guess he's become a sort of "freelance" VA now. That's good, ADV could use him (Razz)...
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
OTP wrote:

Hm.. interesting. I never knew that (since I've never seen the show). I guess he's become a sort of "freelance" VA now. That's good, ADV could use him (Razz)...

Mmm, Steve hasn't gone freelance, the animation world changed.

Zatch Bell
is done by a LA dub group. On the other hand, it's a Shopro show Laughing. Then again Naruto was originally announced as a Shopro show. Which brings us to the fact that Shopro and Viz are now one company and if you click http://www.shopro-entertainment.com/ you now go to the Viz site.

Anyway, just because Viz doesn't usually use L.A. VA studios doesn't mean they never do. Add this in with the fact that Shopro is now part of Viz and Shopro tended to use L.A. VA's, and it is not really a surprise IMO that Naruto is being dubbed in L.A.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

I hope not. He'd only really work if he can go a little deeper and slower with his Roger Smith voice. Kakashi's Japanese actor usually stays kinda monotone, very sleepy or bored sounding, if Blum gets the part I'd want him to do something like that.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Debi Derryberry as Naruto! Surprised

*runs*

Die! Twisted Evil

*chases*

But seriously, She just doesn't impress me any, aside from Zatch all of her rolls have been pretty minor, I'm not so sure she's got the acting ability to support a mega series like Naruto.

Emerje
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm worried that the lady who does Tetsu from Peacemaker will do Naruto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2