• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Latest New ThunderCats Teaser.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Newest trailer from the ThunderCats panel on this weekend's WonderCon, including shots of Mumm-Ra:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/163947-wondercon-the-thundercats-panel

Some of the more interesting changes:

Quote:
Though 26 episodes are guaranteed, the story has been mapped out for double that at this point...

The big task for the update was to "heat everything up," something Kenney joked that he noticed in the updated Cheetara design.

"She is the original Thundercats ho," he quipped, then adding, "This isn't being recorded, is it?"

One major departure from the original series will see everything set on Third Earth. Thundera is still a city there and will still be destroyed, but the cats' journey will be into the wilds of the planet instead of into a new world altogether. It was also revealed that, while Lion-O has only been seen so far with his younger body, he will be aged at a specific point as the series moves on.

What do ya guys think?
If there's no 2nd season, the story may be left dangling, like the end of New He-Man.
It'd be interesting how Studio 4°C animates the fight sequences. That was a strength of the original series.
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
Not really interested in the show myself. Besides, American cartoons don't belong here, sorry. Please don't pull the 'it's animated in Japan' card either, because just about everything from the 80s and 90s was animated in Japan. From Tiny Toons to Batman.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote
Jessica Hart wrote:
Besides, American cartoons don't belong here, sorry.

It has its own entry in the ANN Encyclopedia and not taken off by the encyclopedist; it should be OK on ANN.
Jessica Hart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:36 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
It has its own entry in the ANN Encyclopedia and not taken off by the encyclopedist; it should be OK on ANN.

Eh, I didn't know the encyclopedia had anime wannabes in there. Superduper Sumos? Wow, I remember that... well, can't say I'm too excited for this show, given the past track records with these kinds of shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1