• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ark

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostPoet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quote
So, I saw this awesome film last night called Ark. It was on late.
It is all CGI, anime style look to it. I was hoping to buy the DVD..but I don't see it on amazon. =( It was dubbed, so I would have thought it would be easy to find?
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
That wasn't an anime title. Based on the credits, I'd say it's a Korean-made American production, so English is probably the original language on it. It's also very recent (2005 date on it) so it may not have been released on DVD yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
What channel was it on and is that the full name?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Not long ago I answered some simliar questions about ArK. It was created by Digital Rim, which is a company, based in Honolulu, which was formed by Digital Dream Studios (HQ in Korea), Rainbow Studios, John Woo and Terence Chang.

"Digital Rim will produce and distribute digital pics, videogames and computer-generated imagery (CGI) for film and TV and other entertainment based on digital technology.

The formation of Digital Rim represents the fusion of traditional Hollywood creative expertise with highly advanced computer technology.

Digital Rim will launch its business with the production and distribution of the computer-generated feature film "ArK," a 3-D CGI project that combines Asian anime techniques with Western creative sensibilities."

ArK, as far as I know is not available on DVD, nor are their plans to release it on DVD. (once again, as far as I know)
awebb79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
and to answer the question, it was on Starz Action, in their Animidnight slot if I recall correctly... not bad really. And I'm pretty sure I heard James Woods in there as a lead.

Who ever makes it sure needs somebody on promotions though. It seems a shame to make a movie, and leave absolutely no way to find it.
GhostPoet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic movie, great story. I've always loved over-the-top bad guys and ultra dramatic stories. Smile I even write them like that.

The animation was...ehhh..it was GOOD, but not incredible. A little dated...but the story kept me watching it.

It's a shame it didn't get more advertisement or heck..a DVD.heh
Killer 7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:18 am Reply with quote
uh 'cuse me, but does Ark actually qualifies for being Anime? And Korean-produced- Animation does not substitute in any way shape or form for Anime other than assisting Japanese animators on certain projects.
awebb79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:20 am Reply with quote
Who said it was? Nobody on this thread anyway.
Killer 7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:40 am Reply with quote
awebb79 wrote:
Who said it was? Nobody on this thread anyway.

Oh ok i thought this site was related to Anime, not Korean Animation,American Mainstream animation or what-have-ye. Rolling Eyes If such is the case we'd all be talking about The Incredibles, A shark's tale,etc. instead of Samurai Champloo or Gantz. Razz
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote
the animation in this movie is extemely poor. it's like watching a Playstation FMV that drags on for an hour and a half.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1