• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
samurai/ninja anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutsu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:20 am Reply with quote
whats the best samurai/ninja showing on tv right now?
not including futuristic ones but more like Samurai Deeper Kyo or Shura No Toki. want series where the characters have a more realistic look
Sano Sago
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
not an verry good question because not all people live in the same district then u. but i think that kenshin is verry good and also the movie ninja scroll (i also heard that there was an serie of ninja scroll and an second movie).
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote
Rurouni Kenshin is a must. Not sure if you've seen it, but the TV series up to episode 62 and then the Tsuioku-hen OAV right after are an excellent one-two punch.

But please watch it in this order if you can. While the OAV is actually a prequel and explanation of past events leading into the present, going backwards has a much better effect in terms of characterization and, in my opinion, is some of the best storytelling I've ever seen.

Not to mention, that's the order it actually follows in the manga, as the course of events in Tsuioku-hen are actually a flashback.

Anyway, if you want more of a comedy series with a good amount of action in between, try Samurai Champloo. It's directed by the same man that did Cowboy Bebop it's a very fun show (love the music too).

And I take it by your Sharingan avatar that you've already seen Naruto..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:27 am Reply with quote
Yups... I have to agree with Tony K and Sano Sago. I started with Naruto...and I loved it...and while I'm waiting for my weekly fixes of Naruto, I've started on Kenshin.

It's really good...there's quite a lot of fighting, but there's also stuff about friendship and so on...you might want to try it. I introduced it to my friends, but they all thought that Naruto was way better. I first thought that way too, however, if you stick with Kenshin, it starts to really grow on you. Now, I LOVE it!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1