• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Anime Scene [Spoilers]

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Like movies, Anime has those moments that you can never forget. It can be the death of a main character or an epic battle.
I had a hard time thinking of my favorite moment but I agree that it has to be Third Impact in The End Of Evangelion. Anno Hideaki did a great job making what the apocalypse could look like in one of the best animated films of all time.
Following it would have to be The "Rape" in Perfect Blue and The Battle of Ray and Aznable in Char's Counterattack.

[EDIT - Changed topic to reflect some of the content of the thread, as not everyone decided to use spoiler tags. -C]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I'll never forget the end of Cowboy Bebop. As upset as I was about the end, it really fit well with the story and truly completed Spike's character.
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Legato stole my post, that is exaclty what I was thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:21 pm Reply with quote
The rocket rising above the battlefield and the fighting coming to a standstill in Royal Space Force, Wings of Honneamise.
Delthayre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:15 pm Reply with quote
This is a difficult choice. There have been a lot of scenes that impressed themselves upon me. In the end, the one that I think I recall the most is Wolfwood's death soliloquy in Trigun.
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Maybe its the scence with Guts killnig men by the hundreds in the forest while Casca runs back to the find Band of the Hawk.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Legato 2057 wrote:
I'll never forget the end of Cowboy Bebop. As upset as I was about the end, it really fit well with the story and truly completed Spike's character.

Dark Nero wrote:
Legato stole my post, that is exaclty what I was thinking.

what they said...it's just so...perfect.

I also think that the end of the first Kenshin OAV spoiler[when he mortally wounds Tomoe and she completes his cross-shaped scar] is pretty memorable too.
The Infernal Dragoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Decisions, Decisions.

I'm going to say it was the ending to the first movie in the Gundam Movie Trilogy, with Gihren Zabi's speech at Garma's funeral. The shadow effect as the White Base rose above the clouds was really well animated. Even the music was perfect for the scene.
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:27 pm Reply with quote
The minute frame in episode 24 of Eva. Only Ode to Joy could make it work.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:14 pm Reply with quote
the Alternative world scene in eva ep 26.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:23 pm Reply with quote
king_micah wrote:
The minute frame in episode 24 of Eva. Only Ode to Joy could make it work.

That's a good one too...
Dark770

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:51 pm Reply with quote
well mine is in episode 24 of .hack//sign when they where fightin Smile
mahoro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:29 pm Reply with quote
would definitely be when Suguru and Mahoro are taking a private moment to relax in the outdoor spring. All is calm before the storm.... The other cast members comment on their relationship to Suguru and IMO it's truly memorable. In this scene, Mahoro and Suguru's inner feelings and strong dedication for one another is clearly revealed without so much as a word spoken by either. I for one thought it was extremely refreshing albeit bittersweet to watch. For those of you who've completely watched season two, you -know- what I am alluding to. Crying or Very sad I also think another scene where Mahoro spoiler[finally uses her ultimate weapon which drains her lifeforce was very sad. We see Mahoro's perspective through flashbacks and she admits with tears that she wants to return home to Suguru, just as she begins to lose power... IMO it was terribly touching as well. Crying or Very sad ]

Another favorite scene is when Ataru must tell Lum he loves her, or grab her horns inorder to save the planet Earth from being totally overrun by gigantic mushrooms and everyones memory being erased! spoiler[ After days of engaging in a fierce and relentless battle of "tag", high atop of Tomobiki's high school on the final hour on the final day, Ataru finally cries out he would -never- forget Lum! He attempts to run towards her to grab her horns, but collapses from sheer exhaustion and drops her the horns she shed which he kept. Lum is stunned by his heartfelt declaration and upon seeing her horns, she flies towards him and lifts him into the air, taking his hand and places it on her horns saying "you did it, you reached the goal". Thus amidst tears and turmoil, the Earth is saved and their relationship restored! ] This classic scene is from the Urusei Yatsura Movie 5 Kanketsu-hen "The Final Chapter"! If you only see one of the Urusei Yatsura movies, this is definitely one you want to watch. Wink

As you can tell I am a softee at heart... swoon. Embarassed

Also for memorable mecha scenes I would say, the final psyhic wave blast used against Gil in Dangaioh OVA#3. Also, the final battle and fate of Amuro and Char in the Nu Gundam and the Sazabi from Char's Counterattack! Lastly, IMO my favorite mecha scene would definitely be from TOP O NEREA aka GunBuster! In the scene where Noriko finally stops crying and decides to muster her courage and do what she must do inorder to save everyone... that scene was truly amazing!

You got to watch these animes to appreciate these scenes!

Last edited by mahoro on Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
avius viator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Okay, perhaps this is a bit unfair, but I have to list 3. The first has already been said:
Delthayre wrote:
In the end, the one that I think I recall the most is Wolfwood's death soliloquy in Trigun.

You got it... A brilliant end to a brilliant character. I won't say anymore, lest I start gushing... but an undeniably great scene.

The second is the church scene in Cowboy Bebop "Ballad of Fallen Angles", culminating with the still shot of Spike and Vicious in a dead lock... sword to gun. Great action, great music, great scene.

Lastly is the climax of Metropolis. I just love the moment when the ziggurat explodes and all sound stops, save the song "I can't stop loving you". Perhaps its the irony of it all, but I love that scene.
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:16 pm Reply with quote
My favorite anime scene has to be from Eva episode 19, when Eva 01 came back to life and went into berserk mode. A very shocking moment. Especially when spoiler[Eva 01 feasted on the angel like a christmas turkey.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7