• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ICv2 article. Anime trends up.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quote
You can read the article here.It's still a bit early to predict how the year will turn out, but it can't be denied that it's good news.

"A year-over-year comparison using Videoscan year-to-date numbers shows a 7.6% growth rate for 2005.

Two likely sources for the growth include ADV, which had the #1 share slot in the week we saw and which has had several titles do well in Q1 (Chrono Crusade, Gantz, and DNAngel), and Disney, which is riding the success of its Miyazaki titles (see "Nausicaa Reaches #14 in DVD Sales"). Gantz is particularly interesting because of its format. ADV packaged it two episodes per disc at a $14.98 MSRP."
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote
The year-end numbers for 2005 will probably be a bit skewed as we'll likely have Howl's Moving Castle on R1 DVD by the autumn, and that alone will likely sell in the 750,000 to 1 million copy range (if not a little more), and add another half-million copies or so for Steamboy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I can't report my own post, so can we merge this with the news thread please?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1