• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Magazines, need list for a article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:29 am Reply with quote
Hey Guys,

I'm currently planning a article on Anime Magazines, giving each and every one a run down. So the question of the day is, what Magazines should I look at in terms of anime and manga content.

My Current List is

- Protoculture Addicts
- Anime Insider
- JAMWAF
- AnimeMavericks
- Anime Update
- Oztaku

Now, what else should I look at? Suggestions please Smile
Xtreme-X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quote
How about Newtype, it's the only one available for me where I live.
DaZ616

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quote
I dont know any of the anime magazine's you've listed except for Proculture addicts, Anime update and Newtype.

However, i haven't read Proculture, i know it because of ANN.com. As for Newtype, i only see them(Newtype USA and Japan) at various stores such as EB games and Kinokunyia in Sydney.

As for Anime update...i assume its that small anime magazine that is free at the counter at KinoKunyia. I have read a couple of them and they contain a small amount of info about new series(anime and manga) which are about to come out, current series, details of conventions and concerts such as "A Night In Fantasia 2007".

(hopefully im talking about the right magazine, cause if i aint, i js made a jackass out of my self)

Sonictail, i recommend that Anime update is not suitble for you to look at in terms on anime and manga content. i believe that Anime Update contains too little info about everything . But feel free to check it out. My Opinion can be different to yours of course.

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
My main aim is to cover publications that people can get their mits on that contain anime in a magazine format. Anime Update does this. I did forget Newtype tho, I just wish I could read japanese to cover both NewtypeJapan and NewtypeUSA
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote
sonictail wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm currently planning a article on Anime Magazines, giving each and every one a run down. So the question of the day is, what Magazines should I look at in terms of anime and manga content.

My Current List is

- Protoculture Addicts
- Anime Insider
- JAMWAF
- AnimeMavericks
- Anime Update
- Oztaku

Now, what else should I look at? Suggestions please Smile

As mentioned there's also Newtype (USA and Japan). There's also a new magazine in the USA (not sure if anywhere else) called OtakuUSA. I would suggest Newtype (due to sheer popularity), Protoculture Addicts, Anime Insider, OtakuUSA (being a new magazine it's worth checking out), and Anime Update. That's my 2 cents.
Andrez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote
UPDATE 2010:

Newtype and Anime Insider are no longer with us as of 2009. Geek Monthly was a good anime resource but also died in '09.

In Australia, probably the best resources in print these days would be Anime Update and, if you can find it, Impact magazine (http://www.impactmoviemagazine.co.uk/index.php) from the UK - then again, I'm biased because I write for 'em.

Anyone else here have other info?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Andrez wrote:
...and, if you can find it, Impact magazine (http://www.impactmoviemagazine.co.uk/index.php) from the UK - then again, I'm biased because I write for 'em.

Intriguing. How does your anime-related content compare to that of Neo, out of interest? (Or put bluntly, which DVD regions does it focus on when discussing anime productions?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vrosario7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Neo and Otaku USA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lemonflavourtofu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 pm Reply with quote
lol. Sadly, where i live in Aus, newtypes sooo expensive. Its like, $27-ish and its sooo rare. The magazines i buy is all chinese D: Buy em at newsagents....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1