• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dorei Maid Princess (OAV)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am Reply with quote
For the hentai title Dorei Maid Princess (OAV) someone entered the cast and created a new person for each seiyuu, all with the wrong order of surname and given name. (Original kanji source: http://www.pixy-soft.com/product/product05_01.html etc.)

I really wonder why creating new people (which can't ever be undone by contributors) is the automatic behavior of the contribution process whereas adding credits (which can easily be undone by contributors) requires so many checkboxes to be set... shouldn't it rather be the other way round?

I stumbled over this case via the likely split request person Akira HARADA that will cause a separate thread.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
I really wonder why creating new people (which can't ever be undone by contributors) is the automatic behavior of the contribution process whereas adding credits (which can easily be undone by contributors) requires so many checkboxes to be set... shouldn't it rather be the other way round?

It is the other way round, so I don't follow what you're saying. There are no checkboxes if you add a credit for a person which already exists in the DB. But there are warnings and checkboxes if you try to create a person for which the reverse name already exists. There's not much we can do if the contributor ignored all the warnings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
386sky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote
You have added the correct Toshiaki Kamihara as the director.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1