• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Megumi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:12 am Reply with quote
The Megumi anime recently linked to here on ANN needs adding to the encyclopedia but since it seems to be copyright free I wasn't sure if I should bring it up in the North American licenses thread or Non-North American licenses thread.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quote
I didn't add it right after the news came out because I was uncertain of its form of distribution. It has been added now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks dormcat.
386sky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:27 am Reply with quote
You think Megumi or め組 is an Animation Photography studio with 141,517 hits in Naver web sites.

Japanese Wikipedia says:
Japanese Wikipedia wrote:
撮影部門には「め組」

which Google Translate translates to:
Google Translate wrote:
The photography department is "Megumi"

Information for Studio Deen in Wikipedia:
Type: Corporation
Headquarters Address: 〒 180-0003 Number 13 Number 4-chome, Musashino-shi, Tokyo Kitizyouziminami four towns
Established: March 14, 1975
Industry: Information and Communication
Business: Planning and production of animation
Representative: Hiroshi Hasegawa (President)
Capital: 10,000,000 yen
Notes: Full Member Association of Japanese Animations

Edit: added link

Last edited by 386sky on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote
386sky, your postings are really difficult to understand.

When you quote Wikipedia, then why don't you post the URL of the Wikipedia page here where you found this text?
The text you were quoting comes from the Wikipedia page of Studio Deen. So apparently your statement is: The company "Megumi" (ANN company #2599) is a subsidiary of another known company, Studio DEEN (ANN company #35). (None of which has anything to do with the current thread which is about the anime "Megumi" (ANN anime #9707), not the company.)

I don't even see which link for the company you want to be set. Megumi is not identical to Studio Deen, both have their separate entries at ANN. But the entry for Megumi would allow every contributor (including you, 386sky!) to set an URL for the website of company Megumi in case you have one (the URL for Studio Deen may not be sufficient here). I did a quick search with the local search engine i the upper right corner of the Studio Deen website but didn't find any particular subsection of this "Megumi" department.
So exactly which link would you want to be set? (A link between two ANN entries? This isn't possible given the current data model of ANN even though I would like a feature like this, i. e. making companies link to each other.) And why don't you just tell us the link URL in your posting? And even if you had a website company URL, you are a contributor and you are entitled to add this link to the ANN database. You don't need a posting in this forum for simple additions like this one.
TaeWong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:29 am Reply with quote
386sky wrote:
Information for Studio Deen in Wikipedia:
Type: Corporation
Headquarters Address: 〒 180-0003 Number 13 Number 4-chome, Musashino-shi, Tokyo Kichijojiminami four towns
Established: March 14, 1975
Industry: Information and Communication
Business: Planning and production of animation
Representative: Hasegawa, Hiroshi (President)
Capital: 10,000,000 JPY
Notes: Full Member Association of Japanese Animations

Fixed. However, the representative has to be represented as surname. Devil Doll said that your postings by 386sky are really difficult to understand! Enabling signatures on the forum is an bad work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1