• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Treatise - The Golden Age of Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
The Lakewood (OH) Public Library started a new monthly column in their anime website called "Anime Treatise". These articles, which will be written by LPL staffer (and anime expert) Mike Beargie, will focus on individual subgenres of the popular Japanese Animation world. The first entry is called "The Golden Age of Anime," and you can read the article here:

http://www.lkwdpl.org/anime/treatise.php

If you like to submit a topic for Mike to write about, you can e-mail your suggestion to [email protected] with "Anime Treatise Suggestion" in the subject line.

I hope you spend some time reading the article and commenting on it. I read it a few times and I really enjoyed it. It made me want to start studying the rich history of anime. (Now if I can just find the time to do so.... Neutral )
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Pretty interesting stuff. Reading it made me think a lot of Otaku no Video, especially the part about the garage kits. Smile Maybe I can finally begin to get a solid grasp of anime history now... I took enough courses in college and talked to enough film/animation historians to have a pretty deep pool of knowledge about Western animation history, but this is a great opportunity to learn about anime's history (of which I learned about Tezuka, and the very beginning of anime, but nothing past that.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SalarymanJoe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:01 am Reply with quote
I liked that article. It was a wonderful starting point that highlights the time period and leaves plenty of room for both one's own personal research and more discussion in a later article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1