• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The "Record of Lodoss War" soundtrack.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone ever heard this soundtrack? It's quite beautiful and has a great mix of European and medieval sounding songs. Out of them all, "Adesso e Fortuna" is my favorite (the name of the English version is "Eternity").
I was wondering what everyone else thought about this soundtrack.

Last edited by Proman on Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:15 am Reply with quote
I feel it's an excellent score. A lot of the pieces fit the given moods/scenes and I really like the fantasy aura it gives off. I don't remember the names of the tracks right now, but my favorite piece is probably the preview music (though I'm sure they play it elsewhere during the series). The violins do a good job building up the drama, making me all the more eager to see the next episode Anime smile. I only have the first OST, and it's a shame that it's also a bootleg Anime cry, but I still like it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
To which are you refering the series Chronicles of the Heroic Knight or the OAV? I can only comment on the former and not the latter as I haven't see that one yet.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
To which are you refering the series Chronicles of the Heroic Knight or the OAV? I can only comment on the former and not the latter as I haven't see that one yet.

Oh, good point. I haven't seen the TV series, but my comments were on the OAV, just to be clear Anime catgrin.
Proman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I was talking about both the TV series and the OAV actually.
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I love the music in the OAV. Adesso e Fortuna is one of my favorite songs. It's written by the great Arai Akino (there is an absolutely gorgeous rendition of it on her Sora no Mori album). Actually, the reason I watched the show in the first place was because of the music. It's still one of my favorite soundtracks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iria51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:43 am Reply with quote
To me all three of the OVA soundtracks are great. The classical scores and the pop songs mesh well with the series. It was also one of the first OST's that I ever bought. I never bought the TV series OST's nor the Record of Lodoss Wars: Cinema drama discs, but I imagine that they would be hard to locate now. As a weird side note, the second track "The Magical Power of the Evil Mage Vanguard" (aka Wagnard), the fifth track "Scorching Decisive Battle", and the fourteenth track "Epilogue" (up until the reprise of the main Lodoss theme at the end), were all songs that were featured prominantly in an American, underwater scifi/horror movie that came out around that time called Leviathan. I have no idea which one came first but not too many people have ever noticed this. I kind of like the movie too in a cheesy horror movie kind of way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1