• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recent Hikaru no Go special...or manga past 75...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alumight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:48 am Reply with quote
I had not read the manga so everything in the special was new to me. So I have a question which has probley been asked before but I'm relatively new here. spoiler[ At the end of the special Hikaru is playing Touya and one of the old men talks about how important rivals are. Hikaru says that the god of go must be lonely. They wonder if people were taught go so that someday there might be someone good enough to play against the god. Is it possible that Sai is the god of go and is trying to find the divine move through hikaru? Some things in the story dont make sense if this is the case, but hey you never know right? ] I was just wondering what your opinions were on this?
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:14 am Reply with quote
I'd say it's highly doubtful... it wouldn't make sense at all. spoiler[If Sai were the God of go, because to an extent, it would mean that the 'Hand of God' would have already been attained. Like all others in the series, they are pushing themselves ahead to find their answers. The concept regarding rivals is as simple as it sounds. Iron sharpens iron in this case. Where the two struggle against each other, they can only elevate each other co-operatively as well. Sai was able to be released from his Earthbound prison in moving on because he realized that Hikaru had the potential to beat him and knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that Hikaru would be more likely to attain what he could not.]
Anyway, that's my take on the subject.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
king_micah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:19 am Reply with quote
Even more, spoiler[Hikaru can not attain the hand of god. Neither will his children, or his children's children, Go's quest to improve is eternal, it will not end until perfection is reached. Sai was the closest of all to attain it. But now Hikaru is closest, and he must go on to play his games to give history a greater understanding.]
karitaru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I am sorry to ask this, but do you think that Hikaru no Go ends here, I mean at episode 75?
Have you heared of an ova series or anything like that?

Thank you
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1