• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Champloo..... I might be late but oh well

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nin0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:32 pm Reply with quote
wassup everyone, im new to the forum and fairly new to the site. I've always liked anime but 1 has caught my eyes lately. Samurai Champloo, There probably has been a lot of people talking about it but i just have to say something too Very Happy This series is unbeleivable i have been watching anime for years and never have seen anything like samurai champloo. It has a great storyline, great characters, and most of all very good music ( Im gettin sick and tired of all these anime's with these cheesy soundtracks, with music sounding like old nintendo songs from mario). The blend between samurai's and hip hop music is awesome.

With Seemless animation such as cowboy bebop, Akira, Spriggan, etc...(The quality of animation is very important to me in an anime. I hate watching a battle between characters and its not in real time. For example most anime's have a character throw a punch and the screen will just sit on them in a still frame, and little streaks of light will be behind them trying to show there intensity and motion. To me its just stupid and not worth the time watching, i'de rather just play a video game or something, besides watching still frame pictures.) I advise anyone that hasent seen samurai champloo go see it, and your pretty much guaranteed to buy the dvd's, Its quality anime at its best.
Vash_the_Stamp3d3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Samurai Champloo is excellent. The animation is great and I love the scratching technique they use in the first episode. (When they play the same scene over really quickly, like scratching on a record). Watanabe always has the best fight scenes, I noticed this in Bebop and it is even better in Champloo. Most people don't like the rap, but I think it is an excellent and pretty innovative idea.

I also love the characters, in every episode Mugen and Jin either bust out fighting or are about to. There polar opposites of each other. I love how they hate each other at one point then pull together to fight a common foe the next. I wonder if they ever do fight to the death with a clear winner. The voice acting is excellent, Kirk Thorton, the voice of Jin has done some of my favorite anime characters (Brandon Heat from Gungrave, Hajime Saito from Rurouni Kenshin), and is good as Jin, the quiet badass. Of course Mugen and Fuu are excellent as well.

I guess the only problem is that I have to wait every 2 months for 4 domestic episodes. Its worth the wait.
Nin0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Hell yea man, The blend in Hip hop and anime is excellent in this anime, the music does the series justice, the problem is, is that a lot of people that watch anime, probably dont listen to hip hop music so they criticize it for being different than the usual anime/manga. I think they did a hell of a job by doing so, hip hop music is the most popular genre of music in this day and age, and if more anime/manga incoporate hip hop into there projects than they would get a entirely new crowd of fans to buy the anime/manga series and movies. Champloo will blow up when it hits Adult Swim and the first episode is scene. It cant be stopped champloo just out does them all with style.
LikwidCypher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Hey, yeah i bought the first volume of it. Its a lot like cowboy bebop, which is a definite plus. being as it is made by the same people. [snip] I think im correct in saying the release of champloo in america is a definite landmark.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1