• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Initial D coming to TV?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:02 am Reply with quote
This is supposedly a Flyer for Initial D DVD V#10. Look in the upper left-hand corner.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/sspangle/id1.jpg

Yeah, i'll see it when I believe it.
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:06 am Reply with quote
It will probably be on Saturday nights on MTV2 with the episodes aired out of order or something.
Neonracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:08 am Reply with quote
I wish that it would come to TV. that way i dont have to wait three months for the next dvd to come out so i can see the next episode.
emory

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:01 pm Reply with quote
G4 all the way
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:13 pm Reply with quote
It wont be on Cartoon Network, thats for sure (they wont show it due to the nature of the show, from what i read on the AS forums)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
It wont be on Cartoon Network, thats for sure (they wont show it due to the nature of the show, from what i read on the AS forums)

I'm just curious. What did those people in the AS forum say?
OTP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Yeah, i'll see it when I believe it.

Wait, don't you mean...? Oh, forget it.

Anyway, I'm having a problem beliving this. Not because the picture was from Photobucket, but because I think there would be a backlash from fans unless Tokyopop redubbed it for TV or something, which I doubt.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
IanC wrote:

I'm curious as well. It can't be because of the racing, they've had their share of Hot Wheels cartoons on Toonami. Didn't they already make a dumbed-down kid friendly TV version of the show anyway?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:00 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
IanC wrote:

I'm curious as well. It can't be because of the racing, they've had their share of Hot Wheels cartoons on Toonami. Didn't they already make a dumbed-down kid friendly TV version of the show anyway?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I think it had to do with someone mentioning Tokyopop had shopped their "tricked out" version to several channels and all of them rejected it. I don't remember if CN was mentioned specifically, or if it was just assumed.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I think it had to do with someone mentioning Tokyopop had shopped their "tricked out" version to several channels and all of them rejected it. I don't remember if CN was mentioned specifically, or if it was just assumed.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I could of sworn it was on tv already like showtime or something like that. Wait, I think that was GTO. Anyway, probably won't be on any channels I have.

It think it would be cool if they put it on the speed channel though. They could have an anime hour with Speed Racer, maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:15 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
IanC wrote:

Well, i could have sworn it was listed in the "shows not request" thread in the Action Show suggestions forum. Bt it looks like its changed since i last checked, so they may have changed their mind....

I did find a random post by someone about it though:
Quote:
Well, the horrible dub would be a good reason why it will not come to AS. But the real reason is because it is about illegal street racing, something Cartoon Network does not want to encourage by any means.

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=1&message.id=163420&query.id=9669#M163420
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
IanC wrote:

Well, i could have sworn it was listed in the "shows not request" thread in the Action Show suggestions forum. Bt it looks like its changed since i last checked, so they may have changed their mind....

I did find a random post by someone about it though:
Quote:
Well, the horrible dub would be a good reason why it will not come to AS. But the real reason is because it is about illegal street racing, something Cartoon Network does not want to encourage by any means.

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=1&message.id=163420&query.id=9669#M163420
arxane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Someone from Toon Zone pointed out that it's probably going to G4, since (apparently) they're going to do something on street racing sometime in the future.

And why have three people double-posted in this thread? Question
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2