• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anime prequals/sequals

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:14 am Reply with quote
What anime would you like to see a movie-prequal/sequal or 6 ep OAV (Don't use Kenshin) that has not been done yet?
TF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote
a prequal for Tekkaman Blade II would be nice.
Something that we can squeeze in between tekkaman blade and tekkaman blade II.
There are so many things that have changed in TB II that i would like to know how, what and why of it all
NeoEllis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see a prequel of some sort to the original Gundam. That is, one which goes into detail on the political intruige surrounding the rise of the Zabi family along with the past of Char and Sayla. Of course, Bandai will never produce a Gundam title without a mobile suit battle to speak of, so...

Poof
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Well aside from my obvious choice of the Jinchuu arc of Kenshin Wink, I'm sure some of you would probably agree in a more faithful anime to manga continuation of Berserk and Hellsing. Um.. that's pretty much all I can think of right now.
Daimonwrath

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I second that motion for Beserk. Though its all explained in manga it would be nice to see some of Gatts later quests come to life.

I would also say a sequel to SCryed and a movie for Getbackers.
Oooh and Witch Hunter Robin would be a nice addition as well.

D.W.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, i was watching CB movie when i thought up this question 'cause i would, very much, like to see a prequal to CB. A movie on how Spike and Jet meet. A plot somewhere along the lines of spike and vicious working together (and of course, Julia) in the sindicate.
kamiboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
I'm sure some of you would probably agree in a more faithful anime to manga continuation of Berserk and Hellsing. Um.. that's pretty much all I can think of right now.

Daimonwrath wrote:
I second that motion for Beserk. Though its all explained in manga it would be nice to see some of Gatts later quests come to life.

I third that motion, as it would be friggin awesome to see an OVA quality animated version of the Lost Children arc or Retribution: The Birth Rite arc or Volumes 24-27 (The ones with all the trolls and super powered baddies).

It is a wonder that in all the years that Berserk has existed only one attempt has been made to animate it. Meanwhile tons of crappier manga are getting animated versions everyday.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see the prequels to GTO. How Onizuka and Ryuji met, faught, and joined together. That is something I definitely would like to see.

I would also like to see how the world of Ghost in the shell developed into what we see now. As well as Kusangi's back story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote
As far as sequels go I'd like to see a continuation to Hellsing, more stuff from the Crest/Banner of the Stars universe, maybe a Witch Hunter Robin film or OAV to wrap up the loose ends there, more Noir would be good as well.

When it comes to prequels I do like the Bebop idea. I'd be all for that.
sacchan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:48 pm Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:
I would like to see the prequels to GTO. How Onizuka and Ryuji met, faught, and joined together. That is something I definitely would like to see.

I don't know about anime, but there's a manga prequel series to GTO, Shonan Jun-ai Gumi!. I haven't read either that or GTO, though. I've only seen the GTO live action drama.

As for the topic, I'd like to see a sequal or gaiden of Juuni Kokki. There are still a couple of books that are already published, but weren't animated. I especially want to see the gaiden, Tonan no Tsubasa. I like Shusho, such a precocious kid Smile
Appaku

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see a sequel to Now and Then Here and There. It left off feeling pretty complete, but I'd love to see how the characters who were left alive fared.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:37 pm Reply with quote
sacchan wrote:
SuperOnizuka wrote:

I don't know about anime, but there's a manga prequel series to GTO, Shonan Jun-ai Gumi!. I haven't read either that or GTO, though. I've only seen the GTO live action drama.

As for the topic, I'd like to see a sequal or gaiden of Juuni Kokki. There are still a couple of books that are already published, but weren't animated. I especially want to see the gaiden, Tonan no Tsubasa. I like Shusho, such a precocious kid Smile

Shonan Jun-ai Gumi and Bad company are the two prequel to GTO. They're even more raunchy than GTO, so if you enjoy GTO I think you're gona like these even more.
JackBassV

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see Love Hina finally finished.

The Manga is much better than the Anime, but the anime still needs resolving.

And definitely more Maria-Sama ga Miteru.

Love the original. Haru (spring) was great. Now we need Kaki (summer).

And a sequel to Planetes would be nice.

And Azumanga

JBV^_^
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
sacchan wrote:
SuperOnizuka wrote:

Shonan Jun-ai Gumi and Bad company are the two prequel to GTO. They're even more raunchy than GTO, so if you enjoy GTO I think you're gona like these even more.

I know those mangas are prequels. This thread, I believe asked for Anime prequels to any series. And those were my choices, I would like to see those two animated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Why? They will never be as good as the original manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2