• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GSG question's

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mechbro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
I hope someone can answer this question, did Sig arms and other firearm company's pay to have their guns featured in GSG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:03 am Reply with quote
Hmm, a good question, I imagine some money or deal had to have been made at some point to allow the usage of the weapons names and likenesses as they are copyrighted. Could be the companies paid to have the weapons used, or possibly the animators paid for the rights to use them, or a simple deal was made where they were given permission.

The weapons portrayed in GSG are already well known weapons used by militaries and government agencies across the world. The weapons themselves exist even in the game Counterstrike and many other games and are used primarily for the sake of realism. In all likelihood the animators of GSG elected to use the weapons in the show also for the sake of realism and they honestly did quite a good job. Most likely the animators simply requested permission from the manufacturers to use the weapons in the show and were allowed to like the CS team did. Gun manufacturers don't really advertize, and it's especially unlikely they'd shell out any amount of money to have their weapons put in anime as I doubt it'd produce much revenue for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1