• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shoujo-ai titles

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:10 am Reply with quote
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone out there knew any good shoujo-ai or yuri titles?
I've recently had this urge to read them. With all the shounen-ai and yaoi around, it's making me wonder why there isn't any yuri. So, if anyone knows about ANY english translated shoujo-ai or yuri, please post all the titles you know.

Thank you.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote
Are you looking for manga? That would be over on the manga side.
Yuri-can't help you, Don't pay attention. I collect yaoi/shonen ai.
Clamp has a bit of both in many of their titles-Tomoko loves Sakura a bit more than the usual girlfriend relationship, but she keeps it at the worship from afar mode. There was a scene in Bleach with a girl coming on to another girl, but it was just in one vol(I'm in the middle of Volume 3, though, so it might continue). El Hazard:Alternative anime has a little girl who likes other girls.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Although its main point isn't about shoujo-ai relationships, the R.O.D. OVA definitely has something going on between Yomiko and Miss Deep.
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Ghost In the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex features a shoujo-ai relationship in a few episodes. For example, Episode 5 ("Decoy") features Kusanagi looking up her "external memory" in the apartment she shares with two other lovers (one of which is a nurse who returns in Episode 8 ["Missing Hearts"]).

(This stems from the uncut version of the manga, in which we learn that Kusanagi is a lesbian with the two other lovers, but the uncut manga is more yuri than shoujo-ai.)
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Although its main point isn't about shoujo-ai relationships, the R.O.D. OVA definitely has something going on between Yomiko and Miss Deep.

Hardly. Miss Deep cares about her lover much, much more than Yomiko. The relationship between Yomiko and Nenene in R.O.D TV is much more evident.

BTW, in R.O.D manga Nenene spoiler[gave her first kiss to Yomiko (her second)]. For a very funny yet serious reason, though. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1