• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does anyone have info on The Legend of The Overfiend?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dead Hippie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote
I just bought a copy of The Legend of The Overfiend (Region 1). I thought it was one of the best anime/hentai that I have seen so far (note: I haven't seen that much yet). The info I'm looking for is: I read that Central Park Media lost the rights to distribute The Overfiend Series in the US. Is this true? Also, does anyone know if Central Park (or, if they did lose the rights, any US anime company) planning on redistributing the Overfiend series in the US? This way, I could wait for the new releases instead of hunting down the titles and paying alot of money for 10 year old discs. (NOTE: I'm a new member and this is my first forum)
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quote
This should probably go in the Anime (or possibly the Retail) forum, but I'll do my best to answer.

Central Park Media has been in trouble for the last three years, and has basically ceased operations. Their main Web site is still there, but since February their Anime 18 site has redirected to The Right Stuf International's Critical Mass Video site, and TRSI/CMV has been re-releasing some of Anime 18's old titles. However, so far those series have been from companies other than Daiei, which produced most of the hentai anime based on Toshio Maeda's manga, including Urotsukidoji (the first three episodes—the first series—of which were used to make Legend of the Overfiend). (Daiei is now owned by Kadokawa Pictures.)

No announcement has been made concerning what rights CPM/A18 still holds, but I'm certain that TRSI/CMV would love to get their hands on Urotsukidoji. Basically, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes; you can either pay the current exorbitant prices to obtain copies, or wait and hope that someone picks it up.

BTW, as a first time forum member you might find this useful.
Dead Hippie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, doc-watson42, for the info. And thanks to anyone else that contributes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1