• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who owns Monster rancher?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamel2g

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I got aa email from ADV saying they down own the rest of seasons 1 2 and 3, does anyone know who owns the rights or owns them?

Hello,

ADV has released all of Monster Rancher that we hold the rights for. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

ADV Customer Service
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:59 pm Reply with quote
lamel2g wrote:
I got aa email from ADV saying they down own the rest of seasons 1 2 and 3, does anyone know who owns the rights or owns them?

Hello,

ADV has released all of Monster Rancher that we hold the rights for. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

ADV Customer Service

I would imagine that despite your spelling error, that you are saying that they don't own anything beyond season 1 of Monster Rancher.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I used to watch this show when it was on TV - fox family, or fox kids or something like that. But I thought it was good, and wouldn't mind seeing it again, either.
It was at the time when Pokemon was big, so I think most people wrote it off as a copy-cat, but I thought the story was much better. Sure, it had it's similarities - genki-ash, pikachu-mochi, suezo-psyduck? - but it was deffinately worth watching. The games were pretty fun, too.
imaginary_num6er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:59 am Reply with quote
I don't have it, but I watched ALL of it when I was in Japan. I literally woke up at 6 A.M. to watch it (not that it was worth that much though). I think I still have a Video recording of the last episode of the 2nd season some where in my house.

The last boss in the anime is: spoiler[The rare red knight that comes out in Monster Ranger 2 (PS). It is supposedly Dulahan + Muu.]
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:10 am Reply with quote
I have the videogames, and a couple VHS of the dub ADV released a while back. I wouldn't mind seeing more I guess, but I don't expect much. I rather just play the games.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:40 am Reply with quote
The JApanese VHS tape's kinda just sitting in my house right now...so... Yah.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I would guess Disney has it as part of the Saban/Fox Family buy-out from a few years back. As far as I know Disney never used it afterwards, there's a chance the license actually expired and nobody currently has it in the US. Probably the only company that would know for sure is Tecmo.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1