• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anybody checked out the first episode of Tales of Phantasia?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:02 am Reply with quote
Here's my rather long summery. You can add on anything I miss.

spoiler[The story starts off with that evil black knight getting ready to summon Dhaos, and anyone who played the game knows that the black knight succeeds, but unfortuntely later gets killed by Dhaos. So then Morrison sends Cless and Mint back in time for safety (and he also told them to get Klarth and Arche in the past as well) while he and Chester stay behind and hold off Dhaos. Then cues the opening sequece which was pretty cool. After that's done, the story immediately jumps to the event when Midgard has to defend against Dhaos' forces. Cless and Midgard's army are in the Vhallia(sp?) Plains in the front lines while Arche and Klarth were outside of Midgard as backup. Mint was in the castle trying to convince the king to have Klarth and Arche go with her and Cless after the battle is done (for some odd reason those magic users seem to work for Midgard). As you know from the game, Cless and the other forces defeated the ground troops, but then noticed Dhaos has an aerial fleet. So it's Klarth's and Arche's turn to do some magic pwnage against the aeriel force. They noticed that there's too many of them, so as you know the secret weapon known as the MysTek Cannon was used. The first shot killed a lot of the monsters so they went for a second shot. At that moment, the cannon is overreacting and blew up. Mint who was still in Midgard has flash moment where the spirt of the Mana tree Martel telling her to protect the tree. After that she got caught in the explosion, but she was able to put up Barrier. Will she she survive though? That's where the episode ended.

]

All I have to say, fans of the game like me might like this OVA; they might even ignore some of the changes that's been made from the game. Anyone who HAS NOT played the game will get seriously lost; the creators of this OVA practically made this for the game fans. So in short, I can't wait for episode 2! Very Happy
Rendart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:26 am Reply with quote
Where did you watch it, I have been looking for it for at least a year now.

-Rendart
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:41 am Reply with quote
Telling you where I watched it will make the the godly Mods very angry. Very Happy
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:42 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Telling you where I watched it will make the the godly Mods very angry. Very Happy
Well I don't suppose that you can point us in the direction of some place where we can buy it? Very Happy

Heh, not many people have even played the game. Mostly because in order to "officially" have played it you would have to have played the original Japanese cartridge of the game. However, we jump into the gray area in the case of if you own the game cartridge but have played the patch ROM of the game. But anyway, I digress.

Bottom line is this - the OVA was under my radar up until now - has it been released in a way that I can purchase it yet, and if so where can I buy it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1