• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is Naruto Autistic?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiatsu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote
After watching Shippuuden 260 which for some reason is going over old stuff. I have to wonder what's motivating this annoying brat, how many times can someone say "No!" "Leave me alone" before he understands.
Ever chasing Sasuke because he was his friend once....
Sakura isn't any better, she needs to move on and do better for herself *sassy black womans voice

So the question: Is the characters just really messed up or just the writers?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:00 am Reply with quote
I have seen this question pop up on an autism forum that I frequent, I am actually on the autism spectrum myself, but I got so annoyed at Naruto and such that I stopped watching Shipuden a little while back for a few reasons.

He deffinetly looks like he has ADHD sometimes.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
Fiatsu--
  1. Welcome to the fora.
  2. The question that really needs to be asked is this:
    What's up with the writers? (the probable answer is that they are pandering to children under 13)
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quote
I couldn't make it beyond volume 6 of the Naruto manga because Naruto is so annoying. I don't think he's meant to be specifically autistic though, he's just annoying in the way that most small boys are, but he never grows up. Most people are somewhere on the autistic spectrum though and men tend to score higher than women generally.
Ikari1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
I think his highly impulsive behavoir and not looking before he leaps attitude points to ADHD more than autism to be honest.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
What the creator of Naruto thinks he's teaching:

The importance and worth of a friendship. People will value it much more after watching this.

What I'm learning:

I don't want any [expletive] emo friends.
Shadowwave

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Later on, almost every character learns the Zanzo-ken from zanzo co producer of dubbing gundam wing except for naruto. Read the manga for more info. It's mainly a big fight between kekachi and someone that looks like himself.
Shadowwave

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote
aggravated and despaired purist otakus or mainstream otakus fall into despair. most children are likely to believe and wind up hurting their friends anyway.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Fiatsu--
  1. Welcome to the fora.
    What's up with the writers? (the probable answer is that they are pandering to children under 13)

Exactly. I mean seriously what else do you expect? Shonen Jump shows are primarily there for young teens. They're not going to be overly deep shows for the most part. Over the course of the show the bonds of friendship have become one of the show's main focul points. So of course they're going to have the main protagonist keep going after those he considers friends to "save them" and such. That's really the main premise (at least one of them)of the whole damn show. Is he annoying? Hell yes. Does he probably have ADHD? Hell yes. Does he not get the hint often and annoy other people? Hell yes. Are most young teens annoying and fall into the same categories? Hell yes!
G-mofactor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
nbahn wrote:
Fiatsu--
  1. Welcome to the fora.

Exactly. I mean seriously what else do you expect? Shonen Jump shows are primarily there for young teens. They're not going to be overly deep shows for the most part. Over the course of the show the bonds of friendship have become one of the show's main focul points. So of course they're going to have the main protagonist keep going after those he considers friends to "save them" and such. That's really the main premise (at least one of them)of the whole damn show. Is he annoying? Hell yes. Does he probably have ADHD? Hell yes. Does he not get the hint often and annoy other people? Hell yes. Are most young teens annoying and fall into the same categories? Hell yes!

The truth is revealed. Its an epidemic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1