• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Resident Evil 6 Jacket Offered in $1300 Game Set

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote
Unless Japanese game prices make their anime prices look reasonable, I'd say this is a jacket with a game thrown in, not a "game set".
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
That is an expensive jacket lol.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
I like the idea of some crazy expensive ultra luxury edition, but this seems like a pretty terrible value proposition.

They could have thrown a lot more in the box.
reanimator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Unless Japanese game prices make their anime prices look reasonable, I'd say this is a jacket with a game thrown in, not a "game set".

It's marketing tactic to make money through limited edition. Most people won't buy it except super hardcore fans who want to dress up or keep as part of their collection .

Anything comes in the bundle is a set. A set is designed to please the collectors multiple ways. Explain why some people buy expensive limited edition video games that comes with toys and stuffs.

Video game industry tends to throw in more extravagant extras than anime industry. When Anime industry and video game industry offers toys, clothes, and others as bundle at the price more than plain media packaging, then they're not set?
Vhaeraun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
Polycell wrote:

Video game industry tends to throw in more extravagant extras than anime industry. When Anime industry and video game industry offers toys, clothes, and others as bundle at the price more than plain media packaging, then they're not set?

I think he was talking about the fact that with the price of the bundle, and the game being somewhere around 60-90 bucks (Not sure what retail value of a video game is in Japan) that would put the vast majority of the price for this bundle for the jacket itself. Yes, it's a set, but since production of the jacket isn't cheap, it's just as correct to say this is a limited edition jacket with RE6 included in the price.
Alunimus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
Quote:
one of four randomly selected tablet case covers that feature Leon, Chris, Jake, or a secret character
Quote:
secret character
Oh, I see. Welcome back, Albert.
LaSean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
Polycell wrote:

It's marketing tactic to make money through limited edition. Most people won't buy it except super hardcore fans who want to dress up or keep as part of their collection .

Anything comes in the bundle is a set. A set is designed to please the collectors multiple ways. Explain why some people buy expensive limited edition video games that comes with toys and stuffs.

Wow! What polycell said really went over your head.
TC-man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I would have thought that Capcom would have included a RE6 themed PS3 and RE6-themed dual-shock 3 controller next to those leather jacket and so on. I guess not, huh...
NeoFireHawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Vhaeraun wrote:
and the game being somewhere around 60-90 bucks (Not sure what retail value of a video game is in Japan) that would put the vast majority of the price for this bundle for the jacket itself. Yes, it's a set, but since production of the jacket isn't cheap, it's just as correct to say this is a limited edition jacket with RE6 included in the price.

Last time I checked, the retail value in Japan is around 9,000-9,500¥ ($111-117 USD approx.) for a newly released/ popular game. For example, you can get Mugen Souls, a game released last month in Japan for around 9,010 yen ($111 USD approx.). So I'd say that your assertion that the vast majority of the price for this bundle is for the jacket itself is correct. For the price of this exclusive game set, you can buy around 10-12 brand new games in Japan, so this offer is obviously only aimed to truly hardcore RE fans who really wish to be dressed as their favorite videogame idol.
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
With a price like that, I would never wear the jacket and just have it as a display.
shukero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
nearly laughed off my chair when I first saw this; I'd be able to get a better leather jacket for about half the cost of this bundle in the usa. Don't know why they think this will sell.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
Don't know why they think this will sell.
Because it will.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:33 am Reply with quote
It's like the old old saying about eBay, where a fool and his money.............. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1