• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime tattoos?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I want to get a tat of XIII from black cat on my chest :3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sodee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 pm Reply with quote

My pride and joy. Not sure what I'm getting next. I was thinking Mr. Medicine Seller from Mononoke (Bake Neko w/e) He's colorful though and there-for expensive...
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Very nice, not to mention quite large. I'm curious how much something like that must have cost you. My sister just recently had a small tattoo done by a dads friend, so she got half off, and it still came to 80.

Jin must have taken awhile though with all those filled regions. Where are you thinking of getting the next one?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ryuzaki11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:17 am Reply with quote
That's freaking awesome, all of your tattoos, man.

I wonder if what tattoo to get if ever I will get one, definitely anime related maybe.

I like the Samurai X and the Samurai Champloo ones alot. Well all of it are great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
An1fr3ak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote
All the tattoo's posted up are very nice. I've already got ink with more in mind, but none are anime related. One could possibly become an option though if I find the right design. I want to get a dragon tattoo and can very easily become an anime dragon if I find the right one!! Anyone got any suggestions about awesome dragons from anime that I can convert into a tattoo? I still haven't watched the Deltora Quest anime, but I imagine the dragons would be pretty cool. So let the advice begin!!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Very nice, not to mention quite large. I'm curious how much something like that must have cost you. My sister just recently had a small tattoo done by a dads friend, so she got half off, and it still came to 80.

I have to say that doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. I think I payed about $150 for the tattoo on my ankle which I posted a few pages back, and I wouldn't call that small. I can't remember how much the wings were, but I think with tip it came to somewhere between $250 and $300. Of course, prices definitely differ by location.
Screw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote
hmm.. well, around here, not too many artists will touch you for under 50-70$.

My artist gets around 130 an hour. He cuts me a better deal because i am in there so much... all of my anime tattoos posted cost me a total of around $2000 or so.... maybe more...

T.T... i haven't gotten one in a while... i am getting the itch...
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Here's the tattoo my friend got at the same time as my flowers. She's not certain about the price, but it wasn't any more than $65.

For those who don't recognize the symbol, it's the tattoo that Zero from Vampire Knight has on his neck.

L-Lawliet101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote
yes i have an anime tattoo ^_^just joined up so i can post here lol
well here it is Count D from pet shop of horrors ( not the best quality image but i haven't got another photo on this PC yet)

JudgeHolden

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
Here's my new one...

[ARX7]

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quote
I like 'em but I don't wanna try them.

The Vampire Knight (Zero's) tattoo looks cool and the last poster too.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:30 am Reply with quote
Screw wrote:
My artist gets around 130 an hour.

And worth every red cent, given the complete astonishment his work left on me while looking at your images.

I've always been fearful of getting an anime tattoo, only because one screw up, and the entire thing could be ruined.

I know they say to invest great time to check out a shop/artist before committing, but not much anime exists in the portfolios I've flipped through, adding to my fear.

Given how well that Haruhi was done, I'm half tempted to jump on a plane to visit the artist's shop who did your work.
Wink
nagato316

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote
@Screw: Those are some sweet ink jobs you got. But I have to ask, or it will drive me crazy...what does it say next to your Yuki Nagato tattoo? "When fate won't..."--I can't make out the rest of it.
Brazzlefrazz

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I think the last word there is "Deliver"
joker577

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8