• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' Casts Chris Ayres as Frieza

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I don't think it's ever been clear why Stephanie Nadolny was replaced. Back in 2010, she said she'd love to return to the series, but wasn't contacted about Kai. She did do a recent interview though for the Blu-rays.

If she did then FUNi didn't bother to include it in the sets. The season 5 set that it was supposed to be in didn't have it and instead included an interview with Meredith McCoy.

Huh, didn't know that. The interview with Meredith appears to be recorded a while ago since the included anime footage looks closer to FUNi's Level sets (I know they were preparing interviews for those sets). I really wish they could've done an interview with her though. She WAS a huge part of that dub after all.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:02 am Reply with quote
Also, count me in as another person who likes hearing Todd Haberkorn. He is pretty in vogue right now in anime casting, but he has a voice well-suited for a lot of anime roles.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 am Reply with quote
The only voice change issue I have with DBZ Kai; as well as DB for that matter; is Kyle Hebert not being the narrator. He made it more fun and epic, it was cheesy but in a good way. The other guy on the other hand, don't know his name, just made it too cheesy and nothing else.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:46 am Reply with quote
Its like FUnimation is just saying "fudge the version 60% of you fans grew up with like it never happened. This is the new VA and your going to like it!" but yet the Original DBZ sets sells a billion times more then Kai ever will lol. So i guess we nostalgiacs get the last laugh anyway.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
The only voice change issue I have with DBZ Kai; as well as DB for that matter; is Kyle Hebert not being the narrator. He made it more fun and epic, it was cheesy but in a good way. The other guy on the other hand, don't know his name, just made it too cheesy and nothing else.

I like Kyle but he isn't Dale Kelly though. Laughing
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Kai has a new narrator for the same reason it has a new Freeza, because Funimation started respecting the source material. It took them over a decade to decide to be accurate and reverent, and treat the material like they do most anything else they license, but I'm glad that they at least got to it. Unfortunately, fans of the "reversion" Funimation did for all those years have a hard time accepting that the version they watched wasn't really the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
^^^

Lol! Oh God, I never got used to that and I heard it before Kyle Hebert
immblueversion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
does linda young even work in the industy anymore though?

She's the voice of Porlyusica in Fairy Tail.
Arcwave

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:24 am Reply with quote
I'm going to jump on the nostalgia train because, why not? I thought Linda Young was great.

Linda Young + Bruce Faulconer music = heaven
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
No one else should ever voice Frieza again in English but Chris Ayres...

Ayres has nothing on Little Kuriboh. Ayres might be the best official English voice, but LK is the best English voice period.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3