• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2006-02-24]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote
...I feel that the winner's entry is a bit too cliche-y cliche. I mean, there are cliches that are so cliche that it's funny, but this one is so cliche that it's no longer that; it's so cliche that it's too cliche to be funny cliche. hoi.

truthfully, with all the hype that zac put up, I'm kinda disappointed. I really think the example he provided was better than this.

Well, I want to see the runner-ups!
Gauss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Steventheeunuch wrote:
YOURE SO IN SYNCH AND ALIKE ITS LIKE YOURE BROTHER AND SIST- oh wait

Damn it, you're no fun at all. Mad

It is at times like this I can only wish for some better acronym than "LOL" or "ROFL" to concisely express my considerable mirth. Being misunderstood is a terrible thing, but also the basis of much comedy.

After overcoming my paroxysms of laughter, I can't but help sit here and ponder the awful possibility of some contestant incorporating the dreaded "we are not blood-related" cliche.
kollivier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Coming soon: Magical Kitty Princess the H-Game!!

Shocked Now see, unlike Trigun, Hellsing, etc., I think this would be a license to print money both in America *and* Japan. Cool While gritty, gun-toting anti-heroes have limited appeal, braless transforming girls in sailor outfits with a good heart and mysteriously disappearing clothes have a sort of "je ne sais pas" that delight audiences everywhere. Well, male audiences. And a few others. But the point stands!

Seriously, that entry was a funny read. Thinking about it, I'm kinda surprised we don't see many anime/manga that are in and of themselves parodies... Some of these shows are really begging to be made fun of. Smile
thecactusman17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
What an amazing amount of work (referring to this week's contest winner)! Kudos to her.

The description was great enough, but made me want to uncermoniously drop on the gournd laughing was the website, which looks like Hello Kitty vomited on her monitor and made the pattern into a website! Fan-made cheese in only the finest of flavors!

//I really do think that the website design was brilliant, BTW. I'm not dissing it.
Toboe06

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:19 am Reply with quote
I am definetely impressed. Amazed. Astounded. ... Wow.

Websites are a pain to make, and if you put that much work into this, then you really deserve that massive prize. (And really...no men's sizes? I'll have to do with the calender...)
sLight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quote
i just started reading love hina and when it said "beyond that bizarro thing on his website where he said Keitaro and Naru got married" that kinda killed it for me
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:26 am Reply with quote
sLight wrote:
i just started reading love hina and when it said "beyond that bizarro thing on his website where he said Keitaro and Naru got married" that kinda killed it for me

Dude, Love Hina is ancient history to most people at this point. I'm not going to put spoiler warnings on something that was a news item a few months back concerning a years-old series most everyone has seen.
space clam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
Corgi puppies are cute too. :< As for that Hellsing OVA, I'm quite pleased with how volume 1 turned out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
bebop26

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Hilarious entry, Wendy Davis! That is seriously amazing. For someone to put such hard work in a show... creative! Heck, I'd probably watch "Magical Kitty Princess Kutie-Cat" if it were real! Razz

Nice answerman this week, Zac. Next week, post up more entries, at least two, huh? Smile
WesW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this was definitely the best Answerman contest ever. The website had me laughing from top to bottom. Awesome effort. Were the typos on purpose? I noticed the "teh", which got me wondering.
Wendy really needs to post in here and take a congratulatory bow.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I was inspired by Jadress's great fan art and decided to draw Princess Cutie-Kat's companion. Click on the thumbnail to see Princess Puppy-Paw!

Now I can join the cirlce of Princess Cutie-Kat fan artists. ^^;

[Edited for spelling]

Last edited by Cloe on Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Christ, I really hope Wendy sees the art in this thread. You guys are amazing.
Jadress

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:00 am Reply with quote
Cloe wrote:
I was inspired by Jadress's great fan art and decided to draw Princess Cutie-Kat's companion. Click on the thumbnail to see Princess Puppy-Paw!
Now I can join the cirlce of Princess Cutie-Kat fan artists. ^^;

Aggh, that's flippin awesome!! Our drawings shall battle at dawn. I love it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:02 pm Reply with quote
First character CD on sale March 24, 2006 from Pony Canyon. Y2600 with limited edition decal!

Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Gah, what a HORRIBLE font, Bamboo! I love it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4