• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter X Hunter Anime to Air Chimera Ant Arc

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
sonryu wrote:
Animating the Chimera arc was a no brainer, but how exactly are they going to explain Gon's relationship to Kaito since they skipped it when they started the series?

Flashbacks ahoy!
Etrien

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote
The ending sequence to the movie, Phantom Rouge, spoiler[actually already debuted Kite in a brief cameo, in all of his apparently white-haired glory.]

joshjoshlol wrote:
So the character's official romanization is Kite? I've always seen it as Kaito. Then again, HXH names aren't exactly straight up at times...

It's always been Kite in the official English translation. Same with Chrollo, etc.
domokun1134

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
If there's any shonen anime that should last well into hundreds of episodes, its HxH. I cant get enough of this show.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:00 am Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
It must be doing wonders in terms of merchandise because the ratings are pretty average.

I'm not sure, but for what I can say finding some Killua and Hisoka figures at not too high price can be hard at times, and I'm talking as someone who is used to the out-of-this-world price of some One Piece merchandise (especially some WCF series and the Karu P.O.P. °_° ).

On another note, I'm reading about censorship in the new anime, and not reading the manga I'm wondering how much this new anime is different from the manga... Could someone please explain to me without spoiling anything (I'm at around half the Green Island arc, but I also watched all the old anime and OAVs).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote
My guess is that this announcement is for the sake of the fans who aren't following the new anime, but plans on picking it up once it gets to the Chimaera Ant Arc.

It's a bit more streamlined than the older anime, but HxH is a pretty long series nonetheless. And even with the length there's been atleast 3 recap episodes...not only do I hate recap episodes to begin with, but putting it in a remake of an anime I already watched was even more unnecessary.
Sariachan wrote:
On another note, I'm reading about censorship in the new anime, and not reading the manga I'm wondering how much this new anime is different from the manga... Could someone please explain to me without spoiling anything (I'm at around half the Green Island arc, but I also watched all the old anime and OAVs).

Well, for one they basically removed Kaito, which would make the Chimaera Ant Arc pretty awkward without an awkward flashback to suddenly introduce him.
Stealth00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
It wouldn't necessarily be awkward. Consider that Kite was introduced in a flashback in the first chapter of the manga. If he was in the first episode of the anime, it would have been over a year since he popped up again. I wouldn't expect most people to remember him anyway.

I think I've been waiting the better part of a decade for the Ant arc to be animated Laughing

I'm kinda shocked that there's no active discussion of HxH on these forums, it's well crafted shounen.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies, Gon*Gon and Stealth00. Smile

Even if I usually don't like changes from a manga to its animated adaptation, I vaguely remember about Kite/Kaito from the older anime, so for people only following the anime maybe it's better a flashback just before or at the beginning of the next story arc.
Anyway I do plan on buying the manga anyway, so I'll read the original version too, sooner or later.

Was I was more worried about aren't changes and reworkings in the screenplay like this, though, but actual censorship/toning down of content that is in the manga, and while I read from someone a while ago that there wasn't much in the new HxH anime, I'm reading here that there is, so I was wondering what exactly is what people complain about.
If I understood well, the censorship mostly applied to the Hunter Exam, right? I remember it being a bit more violent in the old anime, but I don't fully trust my memory since many years have passed since the last time I watched it... ^^'
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Stealth00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quote
In general, the manga is much more graphic in any bloody scene.

I believe the only big censorship in the new adaptation was when Killua killed the murderer in the tower during the Hunter Exam, and they showed a bloody bag instead of the beating heart. Maybe that was fixed in the BDMV?
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:06 am Reply with quote
^ I see... well, I'll have to buy the manga anyway, sooner or later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3