• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takara Introduces Transforming MP3 Player

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
the idea sounds cool but am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
animemanjt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Aw crap! What if they make it blue like Soundwave was. Then I'd buy it.
Canuckian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
There will be Original G1 Soundwave colours.
erith81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quote
This is insanely cool.
Not only is there now a Soundwave that will actually play music (that's more useful than a cassette player), but my i-pod can now ride in the back of Optimus Prime!
My life is complete.
Cloe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's official. We are now living out the future.

Words can't describe how cool this is. I finally found the perfect birthday present for my fiance. I'll get the Optimus Prime iPod docking station for myself and we'll be the two coolest kids on the block.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quote
That is massively cool.

britannicamoore wrote:
the idea sounds cool but am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly?

If you mean the color and lack of detail.. well.. it is the prototype. I'm quite sure that's not the final look of the damn thing. The other recent TF figures first premeired as prototypes too.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:34 am Reply with quote
Isnt there supposed to be a TF'ing iPod in the new Transformers flick?
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Canuckian wrote:
Wonder if Hasbro will bring any of these to the world outside of Japan?

Soundwave is like a Working Real Gear Toy!

With the onslaught of new Transformers toys we're receiving this year thanks to the movie I could see Hasbro doing just that. Wouldn't be surprised if it did come in the Real Gear packaging too.

DragonsRevenge wrote:
Isnt there supposed to be a TF'ing iPod in the new Transformers flick?

In an early script there was something like that, but I think it was removed. Probably the closest we'll get is Frenzy who is some sort of radio.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Cloe:
Quote:
Well, it's official. We are now living out the future.

I can't remember how many times I actually thought the original Soundwave toy played cassettes. I always wondered why they never made a real tape player, but I figure Sony probably still had the rights at the time.
Canuckian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Canuckian wrote:
Wonder if Hasbro will bring any of these to the world outside of Japan?

Soundwave is like a Working Real Gear Toy!

With the onslaught of new Transformers toys we're receiving this year thanks to the movie I could see Hasbro doing just that. Wouldn't be surprised if it did come in the Real Gear packaging too.

Isn't Real Gear a Line for the younger audience? Not that it will stop me from buying them, same with the Plushies...

I'd love Hasbro to bring them over, but that would make Soundwave what price point? Obliously under $100 for the fact it is a non-harddrive player.

But really I want those Nike Shoes, I'd never thought of a Shoe Transformers, what's next TAKARA TOMY/Hasbro? Hockey Sticks, Basketballs, repainted into a Soccerball,etc?
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:31 am Reply with quote
Canuckian wrote:
Isn't Real Gear a Line for the younger audience? Not that it will stop me from buying them, same with the Plushies...

Sort of, but I don't think they've actually labeled it as such. More like role-play toys that happen to turn into robots.

Quote:
I'd love Hasbro to bring them over, but that would make Soundwave what price point? Obliously under $100 for the fact it is a non-harddrive player.

It doesn't even seem to have an LCD screen and a very simple transformation so they could probably produce it at $50 at most I would think. They were surprised last year (I think at Botcon) when they were bombarded by requests for a Classics Soundwave (they didn't understand why people would want one with the reissue and Titanium coming). This would be the perfect way to make that happen.

Quote:
But really I want those Nike Shoes, I'd never thought of a Shoe Transformers, what's next TAKARA TOMY/Hasbro? Hockey Sticks, Basketballs, repainted into a Soccerball,etc?

Look up "Japanese Nike Commercial" on You Tube and you'll see what these guys are based on. Different shoes, different bots, but same idea (and similar look). They even made an extremely limited toy.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2