• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: France's Mediatoon Acquires Edens Zero Anime Season 2's Global Rights

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TemplateR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:21 pm Reply with quote
infanf wrote:
Because Mediatoon is a French company.
It's just like with Bleach: VIZ is an American company and provided an English simulcast. Everyone else had to wait.

Crunchyroll is also a american company and provided Simulcast with multiple Languages. Probably around 75% of their content are streaming worldwide.
This again..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I saw the numbers it pulled.. Let's just say I'm not surprised Netflix passed on it..
BlizZar#949497

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Is this gonna be a case like VizMedia with Bleach?

No. Literally, no one will simulcast this outside of France. If this will stream on Hulu/Disney+, it should've been announced prior to the TV airing.

It if they got the global rights then it could be similar to Viz with bleach where they will let another streamer like Disney/CR distribute it on their platform for streaming.

That’s what I meant. Like, Bleach didn’t simulcast until four days after the initial one or so, right?

Edit : Spain got it so mediatoon don't lock right for outside france
you just have to yell at the platforms of your country Cool
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Well that's a... unique situation. When's the last time that Netflix dropped a 'Netflix Original' anime? Granted, this was just one of their normal licenses.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:56 pm Reply with quote
BlizZar#949497 wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:

No. Literally, no one will simulcast this outside of France. If this will stream on Hulu/Disney+, it should've been announced prior to the TV airing.

It if they got the global rights then it could be similar to Viz with bleach where they will let another streamer like Disney/CR distribute it on their platform for streaming.

That’s what I meant. Like, Bleach didn’t simulcast until four days after the initial one or so, right?

What are you talking about?
el_morris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is kinda how it feels for latin american weebs when Sentai licenses something, enjoy it pals!
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
Well that's a... unique situation. When's the last time that Netflix dropped a 'Netflix Original' anime? Granted, this was just one of their normal licenses.

The CG Saint Seiya, and half of that was Sony having distribution rights to the movie, so it went to Crunchyroll. It’s rare, although it does happen.

On a similar note, some of the Netflix originals made by companies like Dreamworks are starting to come due on contracts and leaving the service.
PipimiOden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:

The CG Saint Seiya, and half of that was Sony having distribution rights to the movie, so it went to Crunchyroll. It’s rare, although it does happen.

On a similar note, some of the Netflix originals made by companies like Dreamworks are starting to come due on contracts and leaving the service.

Reminds me of what happened with Tuca and Bertie
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I guess it was too much to ask that Edens Zero 2 just get a friggin' normal release like virtually every other anime in existence, eh? Still hoping to be able to see this somewhere.
JotaPT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
BlizZar#949497 wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
Ryuji-Dono wrote:

What are you talking about?

Apparently, there is this Spanish anime-streaming service that is streaming Eden's Zero 2 with Spanish subtitles.
LucyFan998

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how a series like Edens Zero get licensed to a completely different company. I mean, who would have thought that the licensing for the Edens Zero anime would be carried over to Mediatoon worldwide (rather than for either Netflix to keep the rights or Crunchyroll to obtain the rights), not get any English subtitles, especially no English dub from Bang Zoom Entertainment, and then mark it as a kids' series. This is a massive letdown. At this point, I can wonder why this series is going through a tough time getting released, all because it had something to do with some production and licensing issues, especially with the production committee from NTV, DMM, and Kodansha.
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:08 pm Reply with quote
FT 2.0

I gave it up a long time ago.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:46 pm Reply with quote
...So I guess I might not be watching season 2 any time soon.
lealex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:27 am Reply with quote
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ wrote:
FT 2.0

I gave it up a long time ago.

After what, chapter 2? This stopped being FT 2.0 around chapter 3, with later chapters crawling further out of FT's image.

This season covers the part where it drags FT's image to a back alley and shoots it dead.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:24 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:

maybe they'll stream it in the same case as the first season was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3