• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Our Most Anticipated Anime Of Fall 2022

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:08 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Got a bunch I'm looking forward to!

Uzaki-chan S2
Love Flops
Bocchi the Rock!
Chainsaw Man
Akiba Maid War
More than a Married Couple But Not Lovers
Spy X Family
Urusei Yatsura
I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Final Boss

Amongst several others. Still not as heavy hitting as the last few seasons but still extremely good. I'm sad nobody else is talking about the new season of Uzaki-chan though.

Just to say I'm the Villainess so I'm Taming the Final Boss's first episode is already out.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm thorn on gundam, the prologue was pretty good but:

Hand drawn mech! (pro)
Gundam show tend to have terrible story/writing. (con)
Look at those mech fighting! (pro)
Main character is "the one" for no reason. (con)
More gunpla! (pro)
Urghhh teenager MC. (con)
Laser go ZAP and mech go BOOM! (pro)
It's trying to do social commentary which will be cringe, see point 2. (con)

I know writing is hard, but if I can't have a well written mech show, can I at least just have a mech show that's about the mech for once?
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:42 pm Reply with quote
This is actually one of the lighter seasons in a while for high-priority titles for me - but since I kinda overloaded for the Summer season, a lighter Fall season might not be so bad.

Spy x Family's return is definitely my most-anticipated, with the reboot of Urusei Yatsura being my #2, and I'll at least give Chainsaw Man a serious look. Other ones which look to have potential based just on the premise include Bibliophile Princess, The Eminence in Shadow, Akiba Maid War, Raven in the Palace, and yes, Bleach. (The latter more because of being a completist than actually anticipating it.) And while I wasn't overly impressed with the first novel for Reincarnated as a Sword, I am curious to see how certain parts are handled in anime form.

I'm sure a handful of others will catch my attention as we cycle through the previews, and there's definitely a couple of "fan service bait" titles out this season, too. The fun of Preview Guides for me has always been finding those titles every season that I didn't expect to be in my wheelhouse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blazi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:27 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
I'm thorn on gundam, the prologue was pretty good but:

Hand drawn mech! (pro)
Gundam show tend to have terrible story/writing. (con)
Look at those mech fighting! (pro)
Main character is "the one" for no reason. (con)
More gunpla! (pro)
Urghhh teenager MC. (con)
Laser go ZAP and mech go BOOM! (pro)
It's trying to do social commentary which will be cringe, see point 2. (con)

I know writing is hard, but if I can't have a well written mech show, can I at least just have a mech show that's about the mech for once?

Have you checked out 86? It has pretty good writing.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:07 pm Reply with quote
There is so much stuff coming next month that it's honestly pretty overwhelming. Chainsaw Man and Mob Psycho 100 S3 definitely come before anything else, so I'm going to stick to those and add other series if time allows.
MF65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:05 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:
I am not really looking forward to anything in particular. I want the new Urusei Yatsura to be good and do well in terms of popularity. And I am not watching Chainsaw Man as a sort of protest towards Crunchyroll's shitty practices and MAPPA overworking their staff.

If your thought process is to avoid watching certain series as protest against overworking, then you may as well not watch anything that isn't made by KyoAni or Ufotable.

It's also quite ironic that they seem to have watched and liked AOT's final season part 1, MAPPA's messiest production, by far, while planning to skip what is probably their "healthiest" project. Go figure... Also, Angel, while Crunchy does have crappy practices in general, I think in this case you might be mistaking Chainsaw man for Mob's dub controversy?

As for me, after what was probably the weakest season since I got back into watching anime (IMO, obviously), there's a lot I'm looking forward too. I will be checking if Chainsaw Man is worth the hype and as, a sucker for sports anime, I'm also curious about Blue Lock. Then there's the very good boys Iruma and Mob and the (occasional) comfiness of Golden Kamuy. I'm not as big a fan of Anya as everyone else, but I do like Spy x Family, so that's another one. Overall, I think I'll be spoiled for choice this season, which is a good problem to have Very Happy Very Happy
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone else as hyped for Bibliophile Princess as I am?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Is anyone else as hyped for Bibliophile Princess as I am?
I don't think that's scientifically possible. But all this hype around it is making me wanting to watch it while the only one's I planned on watching were UY and Akiba Maid War.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear, there is a lot of must-watch stuff barreling down on us this fall! Just the list of returnees will be half my sched. Mob, Spies, MHA, Iruma, Eternity, Yowamushi, Idolish7, Molcar, and the Bleach reincarnation are all slotted in before we even get to the newbies.

Of course Chainsaw probably tops the list, if just to see what they hype is about. Looking forward to Blue Lock for another soccer fix. Raven of the Inner Palace is a definite yes, as is Bibliophile Princess. Eminence in Shadow looks like it will be fun (every time I see the title, The Who's "Eminence Front" starts playing in my head. From the synopsis, they should use that for the OP.). I enjoyed the first ep of I'm the Villainess, so I think that's a keeper. My Master Has No Tail has both tanuki and rakugo, so how can I pass on that? And the Conan spin-off I'll watch just because.

Play it Cool, Guys and Eternal Boys seem like they'll be worthwhile to chill with.

Reincarnated as a Sword is a strong maybe. I'd probably watch Shinobi no Ittoki in another season, but I think it's out of the running for this one. Likewise Married Couple.

I'm curious about Housing Complex C and Human Crazy University, but anime rarely does horror well, so I'm not hopeful. Exception might be the exception though, so I'm definitely waiting for that.

And finally there's Urusei Yatsura. I know everyone loves this, but Beautiful Dreamer literally put me to sleep the first time I tried to watch it, and when I gave it another chance, I decided I hadn't missed anything by sleeping through it. But maybe following the series will at last open my eyes to what people see in this. So I guess I'll give it one more go. Hey, it took me 3 years to come around for Kaguya-sama, so it's possible. Smile
sourpatchthekid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Heck yeah im gonna watch at least ep 1 of Bocchi the Rock. As someone who's favorite anime is k-on and is generally a fan of all girl bands I'm interested
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:50 am Reply with quote
The series I'm definitely going to watch are Gundam: Witch from Mercury - I still need to watch the prologue -, Bocchi the Rock, Encouragement of Climb S4 and Chainsaw Man. And most likely To Your Eternity S2 and Do It Yourself (which I hope it's going to be a short series). As for Akiba Maid War, I might check that one out if that one ends up interesting and same with the Sword Daddy Isekai and Arknights. But this many series are already sound like a lot, so we'll see: I only finished up with Lycoris Recoil and Shadows House S2 last season, so...
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:50 am Reply with quote
MF65 wrote:
It's also quite ironic that they seem to have watched and liked AOT's final season part 1, MAPPA's messiest production, by far, while planning to skip what is probably their "healthiest" project. Go figure...

I don't see the irony. Is it your belief that people can't learn things about a studio later that would turn them off? Or that they can't change their beliefs at a later time? Or that there can't be contributing factors that lead someone to withdraw their support?

Quote:
Also, Angel, while Crunchy does have crappy practices in general, I think in this case you might be mistaking Chainsaw man for Mob's dub controversy?

I can't speak for Angel, but if they are upset enough about MP100's recent controversies, then it would make sense to withdraw their support from Crunchyroll as a whole. That's not a "mistake," it's a "boycott."
Dayraven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I know everyone loves this, but Beautiful Dreamer literally put me to sleep the first time I tried to watch it, and when I gave it another chance, I decided I hadn't missed anything by sleeping through it.

Beautiful Dreamer isn’t typical of the series at all, it’s more a Mamoru Oshii movie that happens to feature the Urusei Yatsura characters.

In general, the series is what you might expect from one of the founders of the ‘domestic comedy with superpowers’ genre, but with less sentiment and more farce than most of its successors.
Swissman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:38 am Reply with quote
Dayraven wrote:
Quote:
I know everyone loves this, but Beautiful Dreamer literally put me to sleep the first time I tried to watch it, and when I gave it another chance, I decided I hadn't missed anything by sleeping through it.

Beautiful Dreamer isn’t typical of the series at all, it’s more a Mamoru Oshii movie that happens to feature the Urusei Yatsura characters.

I disagree. There are some episodes in the series which were rather atypical and diffrerent from the standard episodes, like the one were Ataru starts a part-time job in a public bath for monsters, or the one with his mom having a dream within a dream, or the one with all the characters trapped on an island and killed off one after an another ..... and more episodes!

It's not a secret that Oshii put his own spin on the franchise as a whole, which didn't seat well with some hardcore fans of the original manga. Personally, I like those weirder episodes a lot and Beautiful Dreamer is one of my top anime movies of all time, but I fear that the reboot will strip all of the bizarre and unique things Oshii brought to the original in favor of being just an adaption of the manga without its charm. Hopefully it won't be like that 2008 OVA with was, albeit having good animation, shallow as hell with Ataru being a superficial horny idiot as in movie 6.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:24 am Reply with quote
sourpatchthekid wrote:
Heck yeah im gonna watch at least ep 1 of Bocchi the Rock. As someone who's favorite anime is k-on and is generally a fan of all girl bands I'm interested

Have you watched Bang Dream? I recommend it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4