• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Ancient Magus' Bride Manga Gets New Anime With New Studio

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Oggers wrote:
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Eh, just yesterday I was wondering what was going on with this, I loved the first season and consider it an interesting case of study in manga for women since you can clearly see the stages these kind of histories normally take.

Funny you should say that, since the manga is actually shonen, not shoujo.

Also I'm not too surprised that there were issues behind the scenes during the first season, especially since some of the first OP and pretty much all of the second OP were just clips from the show. Hopefully a change of studios means less production problems for this next season.

Eh, that's funny, since it follows the usual "Girl is saved by guy then guy saved by girl" that you usually see in shoujo.

Maybe that's the appeal, it's a shounen narrated using shoujo style.

You know both shonen and shoujo manga contain all kinds of stories right?
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:21 am Reply with quote
This almost completely slipped my notice. I'm thrilled that we are getting more Ancient Magus Bride. It was one of my top favorites in 2017-18. The loss of Wit would be a concern but all the major talent for the anime is returning, The preview looks great and the studio was a grueling place to work at. So it much more their loss then ours.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:05 am Reply with quote
Ancient Magus' Bride has been one of my favorite 2010s series and I love both the anime and manga and have wanted a season two so I'm really hyped we're getting more anime now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2