• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Scum's Wish Anime, Prepares English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
jenthehen wrote:
Yes! That means it will come to HiDive dubbed eventually!
No it won't, Amazon still has exclusive streaming rights. It is like how Funimation's Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress dub isn't streaming on their website, it is only currently available on the Blu-ray.

UGHHH Amazon needs to fix their shitty CC subtitles with NO OPTIONS ON THE ROKU TV then!

How likely is it that Amazon will add the dubbed version?

I don't like this stupid splitting ... I pay for streaming everywhere so I don't have to buy physical media anymore that takes up space and collects dust!
configspace

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
I honestly was prepared for Amazon to just sit on it for a long time, so I'm really happy this is getting licensed. It was one of my favorite shows from that year. Hopefully we will see more shows licensed by Amazon and Netflix getting blu-ray releases here.

I'm definitely a fan of dubs (I probably watch about a 60-40 sub/dub ratio), but I never expected Scum's Wish of all shows to get one. It will be interesting to say the least.

Answerman covered how streaming licenses are separate from home video licenses and that Amazon, Netflix and Hulu have nothing to do with the home video license at all. In fact, they really don't care about them since they never carry or replace their video streams with the home video/bluray version later where there can be differences or extra content. Only Funi/Sentai cares about home video license, and all of the past titles streaed by those other companies have been licensed for home video by Funi/Sentai so I wouldn't worry a bit.

Most titles on Amazon like Made in Abyss and Princess Principal are actually sub-licensed from Sentai anyways, so there's even less to even worry about.

An Average Aspie wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
There is no guarantee that they will though, but iTunes and Amazon are usually a given for most of their shows.

Exactly. I'm leaning towards Amazon only unless companies like funi were able to sell any dubbed episodes of amazon licensed titles on other services.

I don't trust you will be getting the correct version at all on Amazon or other digital outlets. You may be buying the broadcast version. That's what happened in the past with Sentai titles sold on Amazon video like Samurai Girls.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:27 pm Reply with quote
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! OMFG THIS MADE MY FREAKING DAY!!! I've been wondering for Millennia if this series would even get a dub considering its content and who better but the realistic dub voices of Sentai! I KNEW IT!!
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:40 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am glad this interesting show is getting a disc release. I don't see a dub as a good idea, but a nice LE could help recoup some of the investment. I am intrigued; does this mean Sentai can license more shows that are streaming on Amazon. I would love for Sentai to license The Great Passage and After the Rain.

Also, I hope this also leads to Funimation releasing and dubbing RE:Creators, Bahamut Virgin Soul and Inuyashiki.

while it would be nice if re: creators , bahamut virgin soul and inuyashiki gets dubbed, scum's wish is NOT ONE OF THEM!

of all the worst anime series of last year that should not get one, its that series and NTR Trap! there is a reason why those two series got a lot of negativity last year!

sentai should have instead use the resources for the dub of this series and instead give it to like made in abyss for that series DEFINITELY DESERVES THE ROYAL TREATMENT when it comes to doing an english dub!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2