• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
More about Black Cat?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:02 am Reply with quote
Well, Sven isn't actually the main character, so it would be Train would learn the ultimate attack to defeat the final boss at the end. And, not to ruin it, but it will revert to normal SJ standards about halfway through.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
blizeH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:49 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching this; I thought it was ace! Yet another anime to add to the list that I've thoroughly enjoyed, in fact, I've now watched about ten and absolutely loved eight of them!

The storyline seemed great, it progressed at a great pace, and characters were introduced in a way that gave you enough time to warm to them (and trust me, a lot of the characters are very likeable!) but also at a fast enough pace to keep it interesting; just like the storyline. The emotions of the characters were interesting too; the relationship between Eve and Sven in particular was fantastic, especially the opening scenes where they first met, and I also liked the way that Saya managed to completely transform Train, and then the way he then battled with his former self to stay as the good person he'd become etc.

It wasn't all good though, near the end the pacing seemed a little off, it was great to see a (slightly predictable) change of heart from a certain person, but there seemed to be a lot that went on in the final episode that could of been covered in a little more detail, in fact, the whole last three episodes were kinda sucky, but only because I was pretty wierded out by the whole Eden thing (the entity, not the imaginary world!).

On the whole though it had a brilliant mix of action, humour and charm, with one or two soppy bits thrown in for good measure, the animation and sound were great too (especially loved the opening theme). Great stuff!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2