• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan: Junior High Spinoff Manga Gets TV Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:07 am Reply with quote
Looks funny, may check it out, and to the people in the comment whining, it's just a comedic spin off.
naughtysensei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:15 am Reply with quote
Wtf. We get this before we get a season 2 of the actual show? This launches in October, season 2 is mid 2016. What the double fudge.
cosain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:29 am Reply with quote
when it comes to chibi-ised spoof/spin off version of popular anime series, imo nothing can beat Naruto:SD sorry Cool Cool Cool Cool
Sanyo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quote
DO NOT WANT
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
Well, fans have waiting for another AoT series and I think this somewhat fulfills that wish until the main anime series resumes.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:27 am Reply with quote
You know a series is hyped as f*** when even the spin-off most people won't notice getting adapted as anime. This is, seriously, too much. The copyright holder is being very nasty by milking everything AoT until everyone get turned-off by it.
terminus24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
I'm interested, if only because it sounds a lot better than the original series to me. Might actually be an entertaining watch this time around.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote
I loved reading this manga series and will enjoy the anime as well. Very Happy

terminus24 wrote:
I'm interested, if only because it sounds a lot better than the original series to me. Might actually be an entertaining watch this time around.

Except this is an entire other genre, shifting from action/horror post-apocalypic to a cow-milking comedy. It won't be better and if you're attempting to enjoy the series in any way you can perhaps it just isn't for you Sad

MarshalBanana wrote:
Looks funny, may check it out, and to the people in the comment whining, it's just a comedic spin off.

THIS. Thank you.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
Pretty cool stuff. Guess this means the s2 in 2016 hype is real then. This is just the tasty appetizer for the main course. I still find it kinda funny that the parent company (I.G.) is doing the spinoff while the spinoff company (WIT) is doing the main series.

Actually I.G. did most of the main series. They are responsible for the majority of the animation and all of they main staff are from Production I.G. (as in they now work at WIT but at the time were still part of I.G.)

In a way when you see how much stuff I.G. did you could even consider saying that its WIT who helped I.G., but you gotta get the new subsidiary out there I guess.
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:06 am Reply with quote
I was wondering when we'd hear an adaptation for any of the AoT spinoffs. Would've liked it if they were doing an adaptation of Before the Fall though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:07 am Reply with quote
I get it in the sense that AoT equals money as far as they're concerned, but I guess I have a hard time getting interested in a completely unrelated spinoff when I know that watching it would just make me want to see season 2 already.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
Hey, at least we get a comedic version vs. the usual dark, serious version. Sometimes it nice to have a comedic version of a darker series.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
cosain wrote:
when it comes to chibi-ised spoof/spin off version of popular anime series, imo nothing can beat Naruto:SD sorry Cool Cool Cool Cool

I think I actually enjoyed SD more than its parent series. Very excited to hear about this getting animated, although I kind of figured it was only a matter of time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quote
I can't help but laugh a bit at this lol.

Pretty sure it will be a short though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote
Ugh, they choose to animate an AoT comedic spinoff and don't pick the vastly superior Spoof on Titan?

That's quite disappointing. I don't mind comedy spinoffs, but they have to be funny, and Titan Highschool isn't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4