• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2014 Godzilla Film Has Sequel in the Works at Warner & Legendary

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GVman

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I loved this movie. All it needed was Jet Jaguar. Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:
You know what you have to do Hollywood. Godzilla vs. pacific rim crossover!

This one already felt like Godzilla vs the Coverfield monster

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kevinx59

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:

That could be the plot. A three way fight between Godzilla, MechaGodzilla, and jaeger's. And in the end, Godzilla and the jaegers have to team up to take down MechaGodzilla.

I like the sound of that. Although I'm surprised Toho hasn't even made at least an animated ova of Godzilla (and no, the American tv show doesn't count). Anyway this is cool news. Although wasn't Legendary working with Universal now?
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Bright_Spear wrote:

Though I wouldn't mind seeing that, the Jeagers are tiny compared to the size of this Godzilla. They wouldn't stand a chance.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
Bright_Spear wrote:

Though I wouldn't mind seeing that, the Jeagers are tiny compared to the size of this Godzilla. They wouldn't stand a chance.

According to a size comparison chart I've seen posted around, this Godzilla would only be a Cat 5, maybe a strong Cat 4. He's no bigger than Slattern.

http://k32.kn3.net/taringa/1/7/4/3/8/4/7/gaustin/DED.jpg?6587

Jaegers were about as tall as as Leatherback and Mutavore.
Alberto7

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote
Oh, God, yes!
I was expecting these news, but definitely not this fast. Regardless, I'll be waiting. This film kicked all sorts of ass. It was so titanic. I hope we get more "Fatality" scenes. Laughing
YeNguyen

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:48 am Reply with quote
GVman wrote:

Unfortunately, you've linked the incomplete version of the song. Here is the correct version with the necessary, 100% accurate subtitles: http://youtu.be/7cxV8Bf8ND4?t=10s
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
GVman wrote:

I feel its high time for Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman to have a big three way throwdown.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
I watched this movie on opening weekend and I have to say that I was impressed. Not blown away, but impressed. It definitely had the feel of the Godzilla movies of old and I felt that it paid homage to them too. Everybody in the movie wasn't sure about Godzilla but then he goes out and kicks some MUTO butt. And that atomic breath at the end! I'd love to see any of the older monsters come back to fight Godzilla in the sequels, like King Ghidorah, Destroyer, King Kong, Mecha Godzilla, Mothra, and the list can go on and on. Great job to Legendary, they're on a roll this year!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
Japanese Warm Up to Idea of American ‘Godzilla’

• The Internet rumor that the Japanese see the new made-in-America “Godzilla” as “super-sized” and “too fat” is all wrong, Toho would like you to know.

“It’s just a small number of people saying that,” explains Toho PR rep Yosuke Ogura. “The number of people here who are OK with the new ‘Godzilla’ is a lot larger.”

Local fan opinion is more diverse than earlier negative media reports implied.

A glance at recent comments on the popular 2channel message board site reveals more anticipation than snark, now that additional info about the film has appeared, including early reviews.

Japan, however, will be the last major market to view the latest Hollywood iteration of the iconic franchise that Toho launched in 1954 with the first of 28 made-in-Japan Godzilla pics: The studio plans to release “Godzilla” on July 25, nearly six weeks after its U.S. bow, but not out of any uncertainty about its success.

“That’s just the best timing,” explains Ogura. “It’s when big movies are released here.”
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2