• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, March 24-30

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm more sad that Nourin bombed hard, that show was so uniquely enjoyable, much better than Moyashimon S2. I was hoping for these pastoral and agricultural anime to become a major trend.

Silver Spoon is arguably a much better show with a much greater focus on agriculture and solid character development yet sold even less cause it didn't have fanservice and such. Just saying.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm more sad that Nourin bombed hard, that show was so uniquely enjoyable, much better than Moyashimon S2. I was hoping for these pastoral and agricultural anime to become a major trend.

Silver Spoon is arguably a much better show with a much greater focus on agriculture and solid character development yet sold even less cause it didn't have fanservice and such. Just saying.

Yes, continue making baseless claims as to why you think the anime of very popular manga did not sell as much as you wanted it too.

And for the 2nd time, the nourin BD/DVD's are not out yet. Ontop of that, v1 has an event ticket. We don't even know if it'll do better than silver spoon.

Last edited by Rederoin on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Silver Spoon season 1 was enjoyable and well constructed, but season 2 was largely uneventful and mostly mediocre. Season 2 deserves to bomb, but season 1 should have sold better.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Silver Spoon season 1 was enjoyable and well constructed, but season 2 was largely uneventful and mostly mediocre. Season 2 deserves to bomb, but season 1 should have sold better.

I don't entirely disagree, but I still found it better than most of what came out during this season including Nourin. I think the thing with season 2 is they were kind of just hogtied with the material available and trying to fit into into that hard 11 episode limit. noitaminA stuff always seem to struggle with pacing and consistency in that regard though so nothing really new.

Obviously though I don't have the same tolerance levels or interests as a lot of people that post in sales threads though so....
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:

Sad to see Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga. not making the cut-off. My copy of vol 1 shipped last week. Can't say I'm not surprised though, it is a bit of an acquired taste. Fantastic show nevertheless.

Otaku have acquired that taste a long time ago! Laughing

Kaioshin_Sama wrote:

Shows that are actually just straight up good without any weird gimmicks or otaku pandering never seem to sell enough to get a second season so we just kind of seem to end up getting more of the same kind of romantic comedies plugging holes during any given season and they end up selling better than the shows that actually try to be more than just fetish fuel for otaku or some played out directors sandbox to play around in cause anything with his name on it will be a bestseller by comparison.

Anime needs more timeslots besides the graveyard shifts to grow a variety of target demographics.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
Not much luck for most of my 3/26-release purchases. Of the four discs, only Non Non Biyori ranked, leaving Eccentric Family and Miss Monochrome(x2) off the chart...
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
Not much luck for most of my 3/26-release purchases. Of the four discs, only Non Non Biyori ranked, leaving Eccentric Family and Miss Monochrome(x2) off the chart...

Miss Monochrome(at 58# & 60#) and Eccentric Family(at 57#) ranked on the extended chart.

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=1155

The threshold for the BD100 was ridiculously high this week though, I don't think i've ever seen it higher.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:
Ingraman wrote:

Miss Monochrome(at 58# & 60#) and Eccentric Family(at 57#) ranked on the extended chart.

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=1155

I figured that they ranked somewhere, even if they weren't on the bit of the list that ANN quoted. It's interesting that the three were all clustered together. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2