• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 1.11 to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully 3.0 gets dubbed by the end of the year
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Hopefully 3.0 gets dubbed by the end of the year
Pretty much no chance. Usually they have to wait about a year after the Blu-ray is released in Japan before they can release it. It'll probably be early or mid next year
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I looking forward to both Evangelion and One Piece coming back Cartoon Network by the way I love Soul Eater. Does anyone why female bare breats are pixel on Tenchi Moyo GXP it on late enough at 3 AM EST. Confused
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
While I would have liked to have seen Soul Eater, Eureka 7 and Tenchi Muyo GXP next week, Evangelion 1.11 being run is a very cool development. Hopefully it allows for future showings of Princess Mononoke and Summer Wars.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Sigh why I really dont like Evangelion that much
jlaking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Original Article wrote:
Adult Swim's Toonami block in the United States will premiere the Evangelion 1.11 cut of the Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone film next Sunday.

Cannot really be a premiere since it has already aired on the FUNimation Channel.

AbZeroNow wrote:
Hopefully it allows for future showings of Princess Mononoke and Summer Wars.

Right now, Summer Wars has a better chance than Princess Mononoke since it is currently not licensed in the US.[/quote]
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
If there is ever a chance though I highly doubt this may never happen. Maybe they will put up the idea of a Ghibli marathon like they did a few years back. But I wouldn't mind seeing Summer Wars though.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
It seems like Toonami must be doing pretty well if they have the budget now to update TOM. I hope that means newer bumps featuring Steven Blum, maybe even some inspirational bits like the original Toonami. What's Peter Cullen been up to?

I've already got the first two Rebuild movies on DVD and Blu-Ray so I have no interest in watching them on TV, but I'm happy for the people who haven't seen them yet to see 1.11 on Toonami.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Budget showoff, stunt scheduling to compete with the George St. Pierre/Nick Diaz fight, or a long term plan to air more movies in the future? You be the judge!

Although if movie nights do become a thing, I'd rather see The Dark Knight returns vs. shounen filler movies.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It seems like Toonami must be doing pretty well if they have the budget now to update TOM.

The Toonami crew have made it clear multiple times that they're doing fine and that their ratings were never by any means bad.

Quote:
I hope that means newer bumps featuring Steven Blum, maybe even some inspirational bits like the original Toonami.

Since the revival, there's already been a few TOM speech's, like one on life and haters. There've also been music videos including "Live to the Fullest", "To Hell with Fear", "Past is Present", and their most recent one which just aired last night, "The Choice is Yours". They've also had a bunch of promos for their shows and video game reviews in between. So there's definitely been a lot of the same Toonami charm going on since the revival and I'd imagine it would keep happening onc TOM 5 makes his appearance.

Quote:
What's Peter Cullen been up to?

He's mostly retired, hence why Howard Parker is the "big guy announcer" now. It's on the Toonami Tumblr FAQ, second-to-last question.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Hey, neat. I don't know how I keep missing those. I do tend to DVR Toonami, though, so maybe I'm just fast forwarding through them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
xFiveBoltMainx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
@Beatdigga

Are you a mma?

Now I have a reason to watch Toonami. I haven't watched it since Deadman Wonderland.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
What's Peter Cullen been up to?

Pandering to Transformers fans.

On another note, I like TOM's new design. It's better than TOM 4 the Tank Engine.
LaSean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sigh why I really don't like Evangelion that much
I didn't like Evangelion until I saw the rebuild movies. Now I'm making my way through the TV series. The movies were the perfect gateway for me into the series.
Ichiron47

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 am Reply with quote
I knew Rebuild of Evangelion would eventually air on [adult swim]. I called it three months ago by creating this promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaYL32i43Hk

I do wonder how Toonami will handle One Piece. I find it to be a bad idea if they start from the very first episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3