• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-On Concert BD is #1 Selling Music BD in Japan So Far

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:
BTW the DVD at least if not the BD of the Lucky Star in Budokan Concert from Spring 2009 was released some months ago. R2 and all-region players only, of course. (Darn.)

Only DVD AFAIK. My copy:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/shirobane/LuckyStarInBudokanAnataNoTameDakara
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
ojamajolilac wrote:

I've seen quite a few seiyuu concerts, practically all them sucked in the music department (maybe with each concert there's one or two seiyuu(s) that can do a good job). But yes, I think they did really well as seiyuus. It's pretty hard to find a seiyuu who can sing, let alone playing an instrument.

You wouldn't think that with how many CDs are sold. Laughing

nagato316 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

So, if I'm following you correctly, you want to see the seiyuu from Lucky Star dressed as cheerleaders and doing the full dance as shown in the last episode? That would be pretty nifty.

Wish granted! Very Happy

It's a bit disconcerting seeing 20+ year olds acting like grade schoolers who don't have Barney with them. Laughing

Last edited by enurtsol on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:

*screams!

nagato316, you ROCK!!!!!! Thanks so much for this! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

*replays

I don't ever see this song ever getting old. As soon as I get home, there's a video scrape to be had.
Very Happy
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
nagato316 wrote:

SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Damn licensing and taking the [K-ON! Live] vids off youtube...

Double darn. That would explain why I can't find the awesomeness of seeing/hearing Ho-kago Tea Time perform IRL...

Thanks for the Lucky Star clip, that was fun to see ^^

Here is My Love is a Stapler and Fuwa Fuwa Time on Youtube. Not sure how long these videos will be up though.
nagato316

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote
@PetrifiedJello and Megiddo...you're totally welcome for Motteke Sailor Fuku...as a fellow KyoAni otaku, I got yer back! Wink

And thanks for the K-ON! clips Megiddo...

Megiddo wrote:
It's hard enough to learn how to play your instrument in a year (particularly for Mio's seiyuu who had to learn lefty bass when she's right-handed), but playing and singing at the same time is really really hard, since you can't put all your concentration on the instrument.

Considering that, they actually sound pretty good. spoiler[ If I have one quibble, it's only because I'm spoiled by the studio versions of Fuwa Fuwa Time...I miss the bridge and the "rapping" therein. I wouldn't have minded hearing Yui do the "rap" live just for the lulz. But lest I sound too nitpicky, I loved the "curtain call ending after the trick ending," sounding just like the end of Season 1...nice shout-out to the fans there. ] So thanks again!
Mz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the video.

Good performance as the actresses can actually sing (which they actually did for the anime characters and in the series) but...

Did the ladies ACTUALLY PLAY the instruments?

Most of the time, it looked like it was Sync as in background music!

The guitar playing and drum action plays were definitely OFF from the singing/music!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quote
If you actually read this thread, then you will find the answer to your question. Reading threads can be pretty informative.

I mean, seriously, the very first post of this thread includes my thoughts on that exact subject.
superunature

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
two songs were actually played
rest are by professionals or pre-recorded, after all, their musical talents are in their voice not instruments
all the voices are genuine live tho.
I watched the blu-ray 1080p few days ago and it looks really good.
superchan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quote
superunature wrote:
two songs were actually played
rest are by professionals or pre-recorded, after all, their musical talents are in their voice not instruments
all the voices are genuine live tho.
I watched the blu-ray 1080p few days ago and it looks really good.

I got Blu ray version too but its 100% not 1080P Razz
its 1080i

I was happy to get see them live but the Lip syncing + on some songs playing fake is making me pretty annoying to see it.

dammed those disc is pretty expensive ...
i hope future concert will be improve with 50%
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2