• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Little Busters! + Refrain (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
After a quick introduction of Kud they jump right into Komari's arc. Still no sign of Mio.

Well at least not knowing how they're going to handle the different routes gives us something unknown to look forward to.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4
Ah, Kud is such a cute little cookie carrying those boxes like that and while she's dreaming. I lol'd @ her English. The story she was telling to the others was both cute and a little sad/emotional imo. Oh well. Rin was cute also with that cat/neko imo.

Overall, an alright episode. Also, interesting ending.

Now for an obligatory Kud screenshot:

Last edited by Stark700 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
That's Kud, not Komari.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
That's Kud, not Komari.

Oops, my bad. I mixed their names on accident; long day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
aaaaaaAAHAHHHHHHHHHH, AWESOME EPISODE TODAY!

Okay, maybe I'm over hyped after a particular scene, but holy crap was the spoiler[whole chick/hen/egg story awesome and just one giant tease for the viewers. I mean for people who know the story it's obviously an even bigger tease but I imagine at this point non-overall story familiar viewers probably have picked up that the track playing during that scene is supposed to be an audio cue of an important scene. Came up during episode 2's 'flash forward' Riki had and then during his monologue about narcolepsy and now this. Even knowing what I know, I'm still so engrossed to see how they will be handling the story.]

Also, I'm really growing to love two things:

1. Yui Horie as Riki is really starting to work for me. It isn't a fully masculine voice but it works, it gives Riki a more gentle and passive demeanor as a person that helps make him a very likeable character. Already like him on personality alone but I think the voice adds to it.

2. The music is awesome, especially that insert song during the aformentioned scenes. Really helps add tone to the scenes.

Also a more funny episode this time around, pleasantly so. Last week's episode was a little weak on the humor side, but they made up for it today.

Looking forward to seeing Komari's story arc progress and the writers continue to drop little bits and pieces concerning the overall storyline.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 am Reply with quote
That Kud girl was pretty LOL
So clumsy, awkward, yet strangely cute.
Masato is a total airhead brute...
When they're all together it's impossible not to have fun ^^
They always have some interesting "missions".
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
That was a big button on that hat, and more of the moe aspect I was hoping for.

I noticed the background had lilies when whats her name was talking about two girls, we all know what that signifies.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote
I think there are some QUALITY in this episode, but it doesn't really matter, it is still acceptable IMO.

The route is slightly changed compared to the VN, but it is a pretty good change, I think it is a good step by the scriptwriter.

In comparison with the VN, the changes are (all I can remember for now)
1. Riki started to call Komari by her first name because the whole team agreed to call her so, so Rin wouldn't feel awkward calling her Komari. (and it feels kinda weird that Kyousuke calls Komari by her first name with no reason in this episode. And also, because of this change, we couldn't see the battle between Kurugaya calling Komari as 'Komari-max' and Komari calling Kurugaya 'Yui-chan')
2. I dont recall having any scene of Komari giving bandages in the VN. Komari never asked Riki to invite Rin to the rooftop, but SPOILER HEAVY spoiler[she asked her in person, in the last scene of her in Refrain]
3. Komari didn't show the story book to Rin, just to Riki. But I think it is a good move by the scriptwriter, spoiler[because instead of problem solving just by Riki, Rin is going to be involved as well, so the two can grow together and overcome the next step]
4. Only Riki and Komari who went to the retirement house. But again, it is a good move by the scriptwriter. I didn't even know that Kyousuke can play guitar!
5. Riki found out the full name of the old man because he saw the name plate, not because the old man told him.

I cant wait for the next episode. Kud introduction was so short in this episode. I wonder when will Nishizono appear?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
This episode started off fun and games but later turned emotional especially regarding Komari. It seems that her past is haunting her.

I liked the mini date or rather stargazing between Riki and Komari. That was definitely something fresh to watch. It felt like being there counting stars and making a wish.
spoiler[
I gotta say that the ending was a bit emotional imo as it reminds Komari of her brother. Seeing that dead cat seems to triggered some of those memories.]

Nice episode.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
Even though he isn't romantically interested in Komari, but that has got to be the biggest cockblock I have seen in anime. Girl asks you out on a date and everything is going fine till she asks if you can be her older brother LOL.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:18 am Reply with quote
Oh, they actually put the Yui-chan vs Komarimax battle!

It seems so fast-paced in this episode.
In the VN, the scene where they went to ride a boat together, and the scene where spoiler[Komari fell crying over the dead cat] happened not in the same day. In the VN, the latter happened when spoiler[Riki wanted to appreciate and give thanks to Komari for everything she had did for Little Busters, and he treated her a big parfait in a nice cafe with help from Kyousuke.]

In the next episode, Riki will be spoiler[brotherzoned]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
You know stuff got real when the spoiler[inocent one is broken].pic

Other examples:
Clannad
Kanon
And Air, just Air.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
Having some fun playing baseball.
Rin is too shy. Komari is too childish.
Maybe Komari became that way after losing her brother..
She's just so borderline loli character.
Riki seems to hanging out with her a whole lot.
Komari could be seeing him as a replacement brother?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
You know stuff got real when the spoiler[inocent one is broken].pic

Other examples:
Clannad
Kanon
And Air, just Air.

is that picture of Nayuki when her spoiler[Mother got hit by the car]?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
is that picture of Nayuki when her spoiler[Mother got hit by the car]?
It was when she saw a spoiler[cake on the ground], so yes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 32