• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Hikikomori Festival

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't really bug me, I was just pointing out what HellKorn meant and that art and animation aren't the same thing. I confess, I'm guilty of doing the same thing myself at times even though I damn well know the difference. Some people seem to refer to animation as encompassing all of the visual aspects of an anime (i.e. art quality, consistency, details/errors, etc.) and its rubbed off on me.

Now I'm trying to figure out how we started discussing animation on thread for a column that has nothing to do with animation. Very Happy
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if I didn't have a distinction between animation and art, I was just pointing out that although I love this series, I wish they would've animated the playing scenes.

But looking back at my post I didn't specify that I was talking about art ^^; (then again I used color palette in the same sentence)

I'm throughly confused now.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:51 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Now I'm trying to figure out how we started discussing animation on thread for a column that has nothing to do with animation. Very Happy

This is a very good question Razz

It is an easy distinction to forget though, definitely.

To get back on the topic of manga, though this is like, really late, I'm going to agree with others that the reviews were a bit...odd. I think that both the pros and cons might need to be toned down a bit perhaps? It just seemed really jarring to have a rather praising pro followed by a fairly scathing con because it makes it hard to know what was actually thought, until you scroll down a bit more.
Angel_Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow I like the new setup it reminds me of the DS game Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney .Anime smile
Wakaiba

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quote
If <<Boku>>'s title didn't tip you off, the cover picture should have - he's tearing off his shirt! Horny teens... siblings... D=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:55 am Reply with quote
I have to agree that the suicide cult thing was a bit lame, then again, I would like to meet the author of Welcome to the NHK and just ask him how he came up with something that is just down and makes me want to get rid of the volumes I have right now. Heck, I probably should just put the series in my do not finish section.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6