• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Worst Anime of Spring 2024

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:17 pm Reply with quote
If we're including stuff that are not just necessarily bad shows but bad circumstances related to the shows, then I have one. We've all said our piece about the lack of access of Girls Band Cry outside of Japan except for 2 countries, but I would like to add the production disaster for Whisper Me a Love Song. Now I get the entire anime industry woes that been perpetually hard on the animators, but it's unfortunate that a rather popular and beloved title gets probably one of the worst treatment so far for a Yuri Hime anime adaptation with all its delays and such.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:25 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
If we're including stuff that are not just necessarily bad shows but bad circumstances related to the shows, then I have one. We've all said our piece about the lack of access of Girls Band Cry outside of Japan except for 2 countries, but I would like to add the production disaster for Whisper Me a Love Song. Now I get the entire anime industry woes that been perpetually hard on the animators, but it's unfortunate that a rather popular and beloved title gets probably one of the worst treatment so far for a Yuri Hime anime adaptation with all its delays and such.

It's unfortunate when it happens to any title, but even popular titles aren't immune to it. (See Zom 100, The Misfit at Demon King Academy, and, to a lesser extent, 86 as examples just from recent years of series where two or more episodes got delayed.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:23 am Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:
JustMonika wrote:

This is honestly the first time I've ever seen someone be critical of Yuru Camp. Any time I see someone talk about it, they usually treat it like the second coming of Christ, lol.

That is because Yuru CampΔ is the most fun to watch show (and not just anime) of all time.

The new season was alright. But not as good as the previous. Even the movie kind of dragged. I think that unless they start going to more exotic locations, or more hardcore survival camp, the series has already done as much as it can with the laid back camping aspect to the point that this season was leaning more into a cooking show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6