• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilgamayan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:30 am Reply with quote
Little Lyrical are the goodest kids.

Quote:
• Looking back, it's odd but Kokkoro didn't really get an arc. She was more just the kind, loving, straight-man.

If there are plans for anything beyond a Season 2, this may be intentional spoiler[due to a certain heart-wrenching Kokkoro-specific major side story that comes later in the game]. I do hope there are plans for something beyond a Season 2 - Lord knows Cygames could afford it, at least - and that those plans do involve the reappearance of Twinkle Wish. Particularly given spoiler[how they relate to where the Post-Kaiser story goes]. (Also a movie and/or Season 3+ better have cameos from characters from other Cygames franchises. I require more Grea!)

It was kind of funny getting the first New Year's event in the EN version of the game right in the middle of this season, though, since that event did a good job of showing that Twinkle Wish are just as much a group of comedic yutzes as literally every other guild in the franchise.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:20 am Reply with quote
Being anime-only, this season was annoying and disappointing. It was very promising as first, but as it went on with the plot it dropped greatly.
All the emotional highs this season either relied on what carries on from S1 or on acknowledging that this is just how these tropes work and thus I should feel moved.

In a way, it has been kind of impressive: this is a show that went heavy on its plot without showing, explaining or developing that plot at all. Karyl's relationship with Kaiser is like the entirety of the series' conflcit and I still have no idea what that is based on.
Too bad it came at the cost of the stuff that did work so well in S1. At least the funny hijinks there were funny, coherent and comprehensible and the characters that were there WERE there, instead of just being "hey, your fave in on screen for 5 seconds, be excited!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6