• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OMG it's coming ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
I think you are right, because today, the Nagi-Sama Fan Club gt updated with a distorted image, and it won't show who is in it until next Thursday.

Here is the link to the page with the image: http://nagisamafanclub.com/what.html

Nice catch, Panda Man. Cool

**EDIT:

Nagi-sama Official Fan Club Home Page wrote:
KANNAGI - Crazy Shrine Maidens available both online and on DVD in North America immediately!

Immediately?? How does that work?

Last edited by Case on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
O hai there Kannagi... :O

I still don't understand what this has to do with those silhouettes though...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Calculusman wrote:
It's Kannagi!

Erm, after two weeks of waiting, it's hardly surprising. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Maybe one of its cast or staff will show up in an upcoming con or something?
EDIT: Shoot, I forgot about Yamakan attending Otakon. He must be behind that mosaic.

Last edited by dormcat on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy and yet not at the same time. I'm happy Kannagi got licensed, not happy it's not dubbed. I'm so confused on what I should be feeling.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
dammit, I waited all that time for this Sad I know shows like this are popular but gah, don't appeal to me. I was hoping for something big in the anime industry itself. Oh well, can't win 'em all.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
EDIT: Shoot, I forgot about Yamakan attending Otakon. He must be behind that mosaic.

Yep, he's got an interview posted on the site now. It's short, but insightful on how he went about adding to the story and there's a short message to American fans at the end.

Emerje
nagato316

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm happy and yet not at the same time. I'm happy Kannagi got licensed, not happy it's not dubbed. I'm so confused on what I should be feeling.

Rejoice nonetheless, King. Because what's the one thing that could trump a US distributor saying "We just licensed [insert name of series with considerable buzz here]!"

Yep...saying "We just licensed [insert series name here]--and it's available...nnnnnnow!! Right this moment! Here's the Vol. 1 DVD ready for purchase. WE'RE SO NOT KIDDING!!"

Seriously, I've never heard of a simultaneous license acquisition announcement AND release for an anime series, ever! Way to hit one outta the park, Bandai.

Granted, a dub would have been nice, but Bandai's cost cutting in recent months (no dub on Lucky Star OVA) has been well documented, so sub only isn't totally unexpected.

BTW, I gotta give credit where credit is due...

Emerje wrote:
Just go ahead and say your guess, that's the fun of this.

I've been thinking that this could be similar to what FUNi did with the post cards a while back where there was hidden meaning in the silhouettes. There's a guess that this is for Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens, so consider this: The first picture is a man, the second a dancer, if you say "mandancer" (or at least "mandan") it kinda sounds like "maiden" and "car" could be the start to "crazy".

Or I could be 100% out of my mind and reading waaaay too much into this...

Emerje

Nope, you totally called it, sir...you are a supersleuth! Smile

Though I still don't get what the silhouette of the Alamo had to do with Kannagi. Or was that just a red herring to throw us off the scent?--"Hmm, the Alamo...oh, a Texas landmark! Guess Funi or ADV is about to announce something!"--BZZZT!

Last edited by nagato316 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
Hahaha, wow that was more pointless and disappointing then the MGS touch announcement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6