• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OceanLore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks for replying, Polycell and DuskyPredator. I'll watch the first and the last.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I think it was on a recent UKAnime podcast that someone mentioned rewatching it and actually found that Endless 8 was better watched in a marathon, because you can appreciate the differences more than when watching it weekly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Black Magi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm planning on watching touka gettan and I don't know how I want to watch it. Should I go release order 1-26 or chronological order 26, 24-1, 25
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I've been marathoning Moribito and on the 3rd disk are trailers -- one of the trailers is for a movie version. Does anyone know if Production I.G. ever released a movie of Seirei no Moribito?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
There isn't a movie but there is a "Pilot Film" on that disc. It's only about 3 minutes long and is basically a trailer with an interview in the middle with the book's author and the series director.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Yes, but the style of the drawing is significantly different from the TV series. Did Production I.G actually attempt to make a movie? Or was this "pilot" the only thing that actually got produced?
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Yes, but the style of the drawing is significantly different from the TV series. Did Production I.G actually attempt to make a movie? Or was this "pilot" the only thing that actually got produced?

It is possible that the style of drawings of a pilot film for Anime X and that of Anime X, which is later fully produced, are different. So, what you watched may be a pilot film for the Moribito TV anime.
In the trailer in question, is there text or something which says, 'This is a trailer for a Moribito theatrical film' or something along those lines?

As to a plan to make a theatrical anime film, a few years ago, in 2ch's Moribito anime thread, there was a post by a 2channeller about a Moribito theatrical anime film plan. According to him, he asked Mitsubishi Corporation, a large company which invested in the Moribito TV anime, about plans to make a sequel and a theatrical film at the general meeting of shareholders, and Mitsubishi Corporation said there had been plans to produce a sequel to the Moribito TV anime and a Moribito theatrical anime film but those plans had been cancelled.

Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:07 am Reply with quote
The menu says "Promotional movie" or something and when you click on it the first screen is Japanese text they translate to "Pilot Film". It then goes on to air a minute or so of footage and then interviews the author and then the director, then thre is another minute or so of footage. I am not sure if that is what he saw though.

As far as radically different art, I'm pretty sure there is a trailer for the novel series on one of those discs, and the art used for those is definitely different than Production IG's style. Maybe you saw that?

Anyhow, if there were a Moribito movie, you'd think ANN would have a page for it and I don't see one.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote
nbahn wrote:
Does anyone know if Production I.G. ever released a movie of Seirei no Moribito?

Kruszer wrote:
Anyhow, if there were a Moribito movie, you'd think ANN would have a page for it and I don't see one.

Both the Japanese official site for the anime and the Japanese Wikipedia article seem not to say there is a Moribito theatrical anime film.

nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quote
hyojodoji--
Thank you very much for the courtesy of your reply.
avrilfan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
Hey guys. So I go on this site all the time but I never really post anything so forgive me if this is in the wrong area. I looked through the forums and this seemed to be the right place to ask, but if it isn’t I would appreciate it if you sent me to the right place.
So I got a few DVDs from a friend, because anything anime he buys and gives me, and I was looking at these and I just don’t know what it is really. I tried looking it up but I couldn’t really find anything so I’m hoping someone here can help me.

I put the pics on this site if you want to look at it.
https://imageshack.com/user/avrilfan95

If you could tell me more about it or if it's a bootleg, which I think it may be, then I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
That's Korean writing. Given that they're region 3 DVDs, and split over more than one part, (Bootlegs normally cram 1 series into a boxset) I'd say that's probably a legit Korean release.
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Knight Squire writes:

The series started off with a girl riding a motorcycle, she wrecks it, is in a coma or has a concussion as a result, she is somehow saved by getting transported to an alternate universe that some how coexists with their own. There are giant aliens butterfly's if I remember correctly...

The scene I remember is of her driving around a bend, and WRECK. She is supposed to save these aliens or something and she ends of killing one of them, she has powers, and her guiding force or God helper is frustrated that she kills them saying something on the lines of we need to help them, or something... It's a Sci-Fi and I would really like to know the title or get help finding the title so that I can revisit the series...

The anime you're seeking is "Earth Maiden Arjuna" AKA "Earth Girl Arjuna". Bandai Entertainment issued a region 1 release on DVD with an English language track provided by The Ocean Group. Singles came out in 2002-2003, and a complete collection in 2004.

I don't believe Earth Maiden Arjuna has been license-rescued by anyone yet. You can find used copies of the official DVDs on sites like eBay, but the price can be a bit high.
ssjulquiorra

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
i recently won a figure and im trying to find who is she and what anime/game she is from if anyone can please help
pibburns

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:26 am Reply with quote
ssjulquiorra wrote:
i recently won a figure and im trying to find who is she and what anime/game she is from if anyone can please help

I believe this is Unity May from the game Unity Marraige ( Futari no Hanayome). It appears this is an eroge. You can search eBay for "Unity May" to see matching images of the figure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 477 of 569