• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's 'Conclusion' to Air in 2023

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpmss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:02 am Reply with quote
I don't think people know what the "milking" term even mean at this point.

They have been adapting the entire thing with a respectable pacing (especially considering these later chapters are much more text heavy. I'll take this over any further stupid rush jobs like the one in Season 3 Part 1.

They need more time for production and a compatible TV slot for such a run, that's about it.
It's rare for there to be a slot for a 16 episodes anime like part 1. In here they even had to skip a week.

Doesn't mean they are making more money from it (if anything they are wasting more in promotion for each and every portion of the final season, plus the production overalls) lol

That would be the case for the movie on the other hand, since those gather so much more money with tickets, and the fact they didn't go with that is yet another reason why this isn't "milking".
primalmaximus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:39 pm Reply with quote
My biggest issue with the ending of the series spoiler[wasn't that Armin and Mikasa stopped Eren's plan. My biggest issue was that all of it was pointless. Eren devastated the world and was kind of justified, but not really, considering how poorly the world treated the Eldians and the people of Paradise. Armin and Mikasa stopped him because mass genocide and world devastation is wrong, it will always be wrong.

But then nothing changed. At the end of the manga Armin and the rest of the survivors from Paradise were at war and another person was seen heading for the tree where Ymir first became a titan.

And none of the proceeding plot or character development, from any part of the manga, would have lead you to think the author was writing a story about how war never changes.

The first 2/3rds of the manga, at least, were about this small group of people trying to survive the apocalypse and end it so they can be safe.]

Edit: added spoiler tags. Errinundra.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:43 pm Reply with quote
primalmaximus wrote:
My biggest issue with the ending of the series spoiler[wasn't that Armin and Mikasa stopped Eren's plan. My biggest issue was that all of it was pointless. Eren devastated the world and was kind of justified, but not really, considering how poorly the world treated the Eldians and the people of Paradise. Armin and Mikasa stopped him because mass genocide and world devastation is wrong, it will always be wrong.

But then nothing changed. At the end of the manga Armin and the rest of the survivors from Paradise were at war and another person was seen heading for the tree where Ymir first became a titan.

And none of the proceeding plot or character development, from any part of the manga, would have lead you to think the author was writing a story about how war never changes.

The first 2/3rds of the manga, at least, were about this small group of people trying to survive the apocalypse and end it so they can be safe.]

Dude...
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:18 pm Reply with quote
primalmaximus wrote:
Spoilers of the whole [expletive] ending

I'm a manga reader, so you haven't ruined anything for me, but likely for others who are keeping up on this thread. It's embarrassing that people like you get so salty about something that they need to try and ruin it for others. I really hope the mods dump some heavy consequences on you for this. Confused
chex mix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
primalmaximus wrote:
Spoilers of the whole [expletive] ending

I'm a manga reader, so you haven't ruined anything for me, but likely for others who are keeping up on this thread. It's embarrassing that people like you get so salty about something that they need to try and ruin it for others. I really hope the mods dump some heavy consequences on you for this. Confused

Seconded. Multiple people in this thread have talked about the work they put in to avoid spoilers on this one. What a waste.
lamel2g

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:14 pm Reply with quote
primalmaximus wrote:

Anime only watcher who has avoided the ended all the way up until now. Thanks for ruining it for me, asshole.
homlydec

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:55 am Reply with quote
I am eagerly waiting for the final part. It was the best anime that I watched. And what do you think of Eren Yeager? Is he a good guy or, a bad guy in your POV? let me know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5