• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Gundam Infinity

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Um...but doesn't almost every Gundam have certain traditions anyways?

Absurdly young pilots falling into the cockpits of experimental mecha?

Mask wearing rivals with a perchance for red mobile suits?

Experimental girl pilots who end up becoming love-interests and going psychotic?

People slapping the ever loving crap out of eachother?

Really what differance does adding one more to the pile make?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Audrey/Mineva is supposed to be a Relena-like figure. She's more of a bitter Aina Sahalin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
rti9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm also a bit confused with Charred Knight's comparison with Audrey Hepburn. Do you mean the character Princess Ann or the actress Hepburn?
Tachibana Hirou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
Just saw current episodes of Turn A Gundam really have great story with plotholes to it except for the art is equal to Z or Kidou Senshi Gundam. Gundam Seed is quite great but Seed Destiny turning Kira as protagonist over to Shinn that was dismay, if only the director changing pace of story even better arc like Shinn became traitor of ZAFT when he heard Dullindal/Durandal's actions w/ Rey as well but somehow the manga of Seed Destiny better.

I'm a biggest fan of Furuya Touru-san who voiced as Amuro Ray especially want to see in Kidou Senshi Gundam UC of Banaaji's story after Secondary Zeon and Char Aznable defeated. Somehow those connection of Elple Puru's connections with her other clones which reminds me of Al Da Fllaga's clone is Rau Le Kruze. But the good news that I'm a fan of Fujimura Ayumi-chan who voice Minerva Zabi aka Audrey Burne has similar to Ayuzawa Misaki and Kannagi Ayano which put my interest.

Aside from Shin Kidou Seiki Gundam X story is interesting which follow through the arc unlike Gundam Wing which Relena or Marina from Gundam 00 or Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed have many pacifist types, well war wasn't over until somebody needs to stop. Who knows. Caris Nautilus arc were interesting more like Haman Karn's cold-hearted side. And my fave Gundam protagonist would be Garrod Ran and until now, somehow he's better than Shinn Asuka in terms of Judau Ashta or Lock-on Stratos trait which interested.

G Gundam is one of the epic storylines in Gundam History just somehow epic battle against Touhou Fuuhai Master Asia against Domon Kasshu was cool.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote
rti9 wrote:
I'm also a bit confused with Charred Knight's comparison with Audrey Hepburn. Do you mean the character Princess Ann or the actress Hepburn?

Well Relena was based off of the look of Hepburn, especially as Princess Ann in Roman Holiday, I was able to find some pictures of the outfit.
http://aryam-mei.livejournal.com/7372.html
rti9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:09 am Reply with quote
@Charred Knight: Are there image comparisons with the other characters? They just look physically like her?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:44 am Reply with quote
In terms of personality the other female characters are pretty similar to Relena, most likely due to the fact that Relena and Lacus are two of the most popular female Gundam characters.
rti9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:50 am Reply with quote
So because they are similar to Relena, they are automatically similar to Audrey?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5